Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Hole Measurements for further use

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dsimms4
147 Views, 3 Replies

Save Hole Measurements for further use

Hi All,

I made some holes to accept threaded heatset inserts.

Is there a way to save the hole setting for future use?

Dizzwold

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: dsimms4

You can create one hole, with your proper dimensions, fill it to create a solid, save it to your file library.  When you need the same hole, insert it into your model, place it and then use the Combine command to create the exact hole from the inserted component.  In the animated GIF I am inserting and combining your hole from your post. If you are interested, I can explain further, just let me know.

Insert Hole.gif

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4
dsimms4

Thank you for your reply.

So I basically have to make the hole for example in a test/sacrificial  part with the settings I need;

counterbore width 4.5mm

Counterbore depth 1.5mm

Hole width 4.4mm

Hole depth 7.2mm

Drill point 118˚

Then I have to fill the hole, use combine (but to cut the test/sacrificial part away/out), to leave me with a solid version of the hole.

Save the solid version of the hole to use to Cut away/out on future models.

Message 4 of 4
jhackney1972

Your creation process is a bit off but you have the general idea.  You will save a library that you can draw from later.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report