Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion crashes after moving a recently open file

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
matt.fame
214 Views, 6 Replies

Fusion crashes after moving a recently open file

This crash is repeatable:

1. I open a part and it's new revised part in Fusion.
2. I copy the machining operations from the part to the new revised part
3. Save and close the new revised part, close the part without saving.
4. In Windows explorer I move the original part to a backup folder within the same cloud root folder.
5. Fusion crashes.

I'd also like to note, Fusion crashes if after step 3 I open another unrelated file before proceeding to step 4.

Another note, Fusion crashes if I create a new file, save, then move that file. So the problem is how Fusion is handling recent files, the history, not closing files completely or any other process I do not understand.

I hope it helps. I'll keep adding details if I find anything else that might help.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

@matt.fame Thank you for reporting this crash. When you crash are you sending the crash error report to Autodesk? If so can you send one and report the Report ID here please so that we can look at the crash report as well? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 7

I have submitted several reports with increasing details as I realized what was going on. Matter of fact, most of this text above was copied from a crash report. Since it's so easy for me to replicate check out Report ID# 721862527

This is a new file, created a sketch with an undefined circle.... saved.... moved to a backup folder in the cloud and crashed.

Message 4 of 7

@matt.fame Thank you for the report ID. I was able to pull out all the reports you submitted. This is a crash issue that we are validating a fix. We are hoping we could release an update as early as this Monday. Will certainly keep you updated on the progress. For reference the internal tracking ticket is FUS-138670

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 5 of 7

Awesome. We appreciate your response.

Message 6 of 7

@matt.fame @Can you please update to 2.0.17457 and confirm that the fix worked for your workflow? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 7 of 7

I did update a few days ago and noticed this problem was gone. I did not notice it specifically in the change log so I hesitated to get too excited.

This crash appears to have been resolved. Thank you for the help and quick resolution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report