Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 Toolbar Icons Disappeared After April 2021 Update

170 REPLIES 170
SOLVED
Message 1 of 171
dan62Q5E
23653 Views, 170 Replies

Fusion 360 Toolbar Icons Disappeared After April 2021 Update

Good afternoon. Since the update, I cannot see the icons in the Application Bar, Tool Bar, or the Timeline. The bars themselves are visible as grey strips and the functions are *there* and can be clicked even though they are not visible. I'm using a PC with Windows 10 Pro, 32GB RAM, and a GeForce 1660 6GB graphics card.

It just so happened that my Hobbyist/Personal licence expired today. I renewed it and the licence shows it is now valid until 2022. I don't *think* it's the cause but I thought I'd mention it in case I'm wrong about that.

So far I've tried a number of things to correct the problem but have met with no success. Things I've tried:

1. Restart Fusion 360.

2. Restart my PC.

3. Log out of Fusion 360 then Log back in. This caused the program to get stuck at the launch screen but I was able to correct that by logging into the Autodesk Desktop App and then launching Fusion 360.

4. Uninstall/reinstall Fusion 360.

5. Update my Nvidia GeForce driver to the latest version.

6. In Fusion 360, changed my video driver from DirectX 11 to DirectX 9 and even tried the OpenGL driver.

7. Uninstall/reinstall Fusion 360 using Fusion 360 Cleaner uninstall tool.

I've attached a Screencast capture of my dilemma to illustrate the problem. I'm not sure what else to try and would be grateful for suggestions.

Thanks,

Dan

170 REPLIES 170
Message 121 of 171
Anonymous
in reply to: dan62Q5E

Got it resolved using following steps 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Bla...

Solution:

To workaround this issue follow these steps:

1. In the Windows Control Panel, search for "Environment Variables".
  2. Click "Edit the system environment variables".
  3. At the bottom of the System Properties dialog, click "Environment Variables...."
  4. Under "User variables for <user>", click "New".
  5. Enter "QT_OPENGL" within the Variable name.
  6. Enter "angle" vithin the Variable value.
  7. Restart Fusion 360.
Message 122 of 171
Anonymous

Got it resolved using 

Solution:

To workaround this issue follow these steps:

1. In the Windows Control Panel, search for "Environment Variables".
  2. Click "Edit the system environment variables".
  3. At the bottom of the System Properties dialog, click "Environment Variables...."
  4. Under "User variables for <user>", click "New".
  5. Enter "QT_OPENGL" within the Variable name.
  6. Enter "angle" vithin the Variable value.
  7. Restart Fusion 360.
Message 123 of 171
jonasV8EPL
in reply to: Anonymous

Another great experience with the forum. The fixed worked.

Message 124 of 171
Anonymous
in reply to: lance.carocci

Hi, Thank you. It works.

Message 125 of 171
Anonymous

Lance, I tried this with no success. Any other recommendations to fix it?

Message 126 of 171
cgaw70

Worked for me, thank you!!

Message 127 of 171

Thank you Lance for the information.

For some reason, my Fusion360 instance only stopped working yesterday and it has been incredibly frustrating to find this thread with an actual fix. Most other threads just say "Intel graphics are to blame - uninstall re-install - get a better graphics card" standard answer despite almost every user having a working copy right before an update. After about 25 google searches, I stumbled upon just the right search wording that pulled up this thread.

If it wasn't for your answer I would still be going crazy. Thank you again for your very detailed and helpful response instead of the generic boilerplate that doesn't work. I'm sure everyone else appreciates it as well!

Message 128 of 171
Anonymous

I confirm, it works, in my case it worked properly only after creating new user variables. 

Thanks very very much.

Message 129 of 171

great easy fix. Thank you. !

Message 130 of 171
Anonymous

fixed the UI issue with Fusion, but KILLS Chitubox...  thoughts @lance.carocci  ???

ljkramm_0-1619642338668.png

Message 131 of 171
dan62Q5E
in reply to: Anonymous

I had exactly the same experience. Try to remove the variable and see if Chitubox comes back. In my case, not only did it come back but a pre-existing rendering problem in it was mysteriously resolved. Not only that, but my Fusion 360 continued to work normally after the variable had been removed. So it was win-win for me.

Message 132 of 171
mike4nospam

I had this problem after starting F360 with the latest update. I followed teh instructions to ass a system variable and got the following popup when I started F360 again.

mike4nospam_0-1619644899061.png

Message 133 of 171
worknstuff

@lance.carocci 

yesterday I had black bars.

added system variable.

today i have white bars.

deleted system variable.

back to black bars.

added system variable.

working again...

like, i've got work to do...!

looks like I've got a crash course in German coming up if all else fails...!

worknstuff_1-1619645464493.png

This is beyond arrogant to not roll out a priority patch.

Message 134 of 171
mike4nospam

I just posted about this not working, but discovered I had one more "OK" to click on in the environment variables message box. After doing that, the recommended solution worked.

Message 135 of 171
MFXPYRO

That fixes F360 but breaks other software like the Chitubox 3D print slicer so please fix this properly as a matter of urgency!

Message 136 of 171
dan62Q5E
in reply to: MFXPYRO

Once Fusion 360 is fixed, try removing the environment variable. My Chitubox came back to life when I removed it and Fusion 360 continued to work normally.

Message 137 of 171
Anonymous

Same issue, with black menu.  Worked for me!! Thanks!!!!!

Message 138 of 171
worknstuff

other sort of workarounds:

1) run fusion in german

2) run fusion in a NVv4 series azure virtual machine with AMD graphics drivers installed on w10 1909 (other machines may also work)

Message 139 of 171
jadrew6E9QT

Omg. THANK YOU!

Been trying to resolve this for almost 24 hours. Spent many hours last night just working off of memory for the tool locations. 

Message 140 of 171
ulashafin

Hi, I also logged out, and where can I find the desktop application you were talking about

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report