Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 Toolbar Icons Disappeared After April 2021 Update

170 REPLIES 170
SOLVED
Message 1 of 171
dan62Q5E
23654 Views, 170 Replies

Fusion 360 Toolbar Icons Disappeared After April 2021 Update

Good afternoon. Since the update, I cannot see the icons in the Application Bar, Tool Bar, or the Timeline. The bars themselves are visible as grey strips and the functions are *there* and can be clicked even though they are not visible. I'm using a PC with Windows 10 Pro, 32GB RAM, and a GeForce 1660 6GB graphics card.

It just so happened that my Hobbyist/Personal licence expired today. I renewed it and the licence shows it is now valid until 2022. I don't *think* it's the cause but I thought I'd mention it in case I'm wrong about that.

So far I've tried a number of things to correct the problem but have met with no success. Things I've tried:

1. Restart Fusion 360.

2. Restart my PC.

3. Log out of Fusion 360 then Log back in. This caused the program to get stuck at the launch screen but I was able to correct that by logging into the Autodesk Desktop App and then launching Fusion 360.

4. Uninstall/reinstall Fusion 360.

5. Update my Nvidia GeForce driver to the latest version.

6. In Fusion 360, changed my video driver from DirectX 11 to DirectX 9 and even tried the OpenGL driver.

7. Uninstall/reinstall Fusion 360 using Fusion 360 Cleaner uninstall tool.

I've attached a Screencast capture of my dilemma to illustrate the problem. I'm not sure what else to try and would be grateful for suggestions.

Thanks,

Dan

170 REPLIES 170
Message 2 of 171
Bt_HU
in reply to: dan62Q5E

The same thing happened to me. I looked through a lot of forum posts but couldn’t find a solution. If you can help with some information other than the above, if anyone can answer what to do:
HW: X470 AMD Ryzen5 3400G 3.4GHz 16GB RAM desktop, NVIDIA GeForce GTS250 1GB (drv: 342.01)
OP: Win10Pro-HUN 64 build: 19041.867
Setup: 1920x1080 (with one monitor)
SW: Fusion360 SmallBusiness License (January Round)
Finally you have complete deletion (utility to own files as well) (next time I need to learn how to save and restore them separately)
Even after an administrator installation, it stops at the welcome screen and no more.
DeskTopApp - sign in - start no menu
attachment: 2 images, diagnostic log files ZIP
Thanks for the help

Message 3 of 171
jamesdickerman

Same here

Message 4 of 171
Bt_HU

Additional information
Ctrl+Alt+R no help (result in the picture )

Message 5 of 171
Anonymous

Hello. The same problem.

Fusion 360 Personal license.

Spec: Win 10 pro x64 v.1607 build 14393.0;

CPU: Xeon E5410;

GPU: Nvidia 9600gt

RAM:6Gb

Screen resolution: 1440х900.

Message 6 of 171
Stuart-H

ok here on a Mac 

Mac Studio M1Max and MacBook Pro M1
Message 7 of 171
r.j.v.benthum

Hello,

Here ran yesterday into exactly the same problem after the received update as described in the opening post. Also did clean uninstall and reinstall but after that did not come further than welcome screen telling "Autodesk Fusion 360".

Fusion 360 Personal license.

Spec: Win 7 pro x64;

CPU: Intel core2 Extreme X9100 3.06GHz;

GPU: Nvidia Quadro FX 3700M

RAM: 4Gb

Screen resolution: 1900х1200.

I also started personal thread about it including the logs:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/fusion-hangs-on-autodesk-fusion-360-startup-screen...

Message 8 of 171
Bt_HU

I went one step further, but I have not yet found a complete solution.
Two DLLs for OpenSSl are missing (see r.j.v.benthum) and
you also have problems with AdWebServicesUI.qm.

The latter is responsible for the user interface. If I switch to German it works.

Message 9 of 171
dan62Q5E
in reply to: Bt_HU

Well done. I switched to French and the UI came back for me. Unfortunately I'm not sufficiently fluent in French to successfully use Fusion 360 this way but you're definitely on to something. Thanks for the insight.

Message 10 of 171
lance.carocci
in reply to: Anonymous

Spec: Win 10 pro x64 v.1607 build 14393.0;

@Anonymous this build of Windows 10 is no longer supported through Microsoft's Semi-Annual Channel, and may be a contributing factor to your experience. Please try updating to a newer release - my recommendation would be the 2004 or 20H2 releases (Insider Previews are not supported).

With this release I am seeing a rise in cases specifically from LTSB and early builds of Windows 10 and 8.1. April's update included an update to our dependent frameworks and libraries, and it's possible these now require some newer Windows libraries. For all those affected, please check your specific version of Windows by running or searching the command winver under the Start Menu, or by right-clicking This PC and clicking Properties, under the Windows specifications section.

Your system may be blocked from updating to a newer version of Windows for any number of reasons, such as legacy driver compatibility issues or administrator policy restrictions; Windows Update should tell you the cause. You might be able to force Windows 10 to update using the Windows Update Assistant utility from Microsoft.

With any major OS update, please also ensure your AMD, Nvidia, or Intel graphics drivers are up to date as well, including any software video adapters such as DisplayLink.

Lance Carocci
Fusion QA for UI Framework/Cloud Workflows, and fervent cat enthusiast
Message 11 of 171
xelinik
in reply to: lance.carocci

I have same issue, Window 10 build 2004, all drivers up to date. When i change the language icons is coming back, but tool library steel not showing.

Message 12 of 171
carlo.nulens

here the windows 20H2 release same thing. no UI

Message 13 of 171
dan62Q5E

I'm on Windows 10 Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 and the invisible UI continues to plague me in English. Oddly, even when I switch to French and the UI comes back the notifications remain invisible.

Message 14 of 171
lance.carocci

Interesting, thanks for the feedback, all. I cannot immediately see how those files or switching languages would impact the toolbar icons. We might not be looking at a specific version of Windows, though something may be in common with your configurations such as another shared dependency.

Do you have any other Autodesk software installed, such as Screencast or the Autodesk Desktop app?

We should also look at graphics diagnostics, if possible. Switching Fusion 360 to DirectX 9 or OpenGL under Preferences and see if there is any change in behavior. Also check if your graphics driver is up to date - 2020 or newer ought to be enough. It sounds like you might be able to still interact with some of the UI in this state, so if possible, please try copying the Graphics Diagnostic information from Help > Support and Diagnostics > Graphics Diagnostic.

Lastly, @dan62Q5E could you please re-link your Screencast recording? I don't think it was included in the initial post.

Lance Carocci
Message 15 of 171
dan62Q5E

Here is the screencast as requested. Apologies that I failed to link it correctly the first time. I think I missed the INSERT button.

Nope, it stripped it out as invalid HTML.

Message 16 of 171
iridaHE6ZM

same here the windows 20H2 release same thing. no UI

tried this

Switching Fusion 360 to DirectX 9 or OpenGL under Preferences and see if there is any change in behavior.

no difference at all

Message 17 of 171
dan62Q5E

I'll try again when I'm in front of my PC. 

Message 18 of 171
lance.carocci

@dan62Q5E I don't think the embedding of scripts is allowed as a security precaution - a direct link would work just as well

Lance Carocci
Message 19 of 171
Papaul
in reply to: Bt_HU

Same problem here.  using Windows 7 (64). On two different computers at two different shops miles apart.  Workstation are both HP Workstations configured basically the same.  

Problem began with Fusion failing to go beyond initial screen.  

Performed some online research and Did a Fusion 3600 clean and reinstall.  

Managed to get fusion to start once and Icons were not visible on top bar.  

Further troubleshooting and now back to where I was at the beginning of the day.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 20 of 171
lance.carocci

With exception to the GeForce 1660 in the initial post, many of the GPUs mentioned are legacy models circa 2008/2009 that are end of life by Nvidia and AMD. It might still be possible to use these cards with Fusion 360 using the latest driver available - if one is not available from the GPU vendor itself, Windows 10 should be able to install a compatibility driver under Windows Update > View Optional Updates > expand the section called Driver Updates, and check for your GPU. You will want to uninstall your current GPU driver before proceeding with any driver updates.

@dan62Q5E could you please confirm the driver version and date listed within Windows and Fusion 360?

One more thing to test - if you click where New Document would be, or use hotkeys for a new document, is there any improvement?

When switching back to English, does the issue return?

Lance Carocci

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report