Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 Toolbar Icons Disappeared After April 2021 Update

170 REPLIES 170
SOLVED
Message 1 of 171
dan62Q5E
24089 Views, 170 Replies

Fusion 360 Toolbar Icons Disappeared After April 2021 Update

Good afternoon. Since the update, I cannot see the icons in the Application Bar, Tool Bar, or the Timeline. The bars themselves are visible as grey strips and the functions are *there* and can be clicked even though they are not visible. I'm using a PC with Windows 10 Pro, 32GB RAM, and a GeForce 1660 6GB graphics card.

It just so happened that my Hobbyist/Personal licence expired today. I renewed it and the licence shows it is now valid until 2022. I don't *think* it's the cause but I thought I'd mention it in case I'm wrong about that.

So far I've tried a number of things to correct the problem but have met with no success. Things I've tried:

1. Restart Fusion 360.

2. Restart my PC.

3. Log out of Fusion 360 then Log back in. This caused the program to get stuck at the launch screen but I was able to correct that by logging into the Autodesk Desktop App and then launching Fusion 360.

4. Uninstall/reinstall Fusion 360.

5. Update my Nvidia GeForce driver to the latest version.

6. In Fusion 360, changed my video driver from DirectX 11 to DirectX 9 and even tried the OpenGL driver.

7. Uninstall/reinstall Fusion 360 using Fusion 360 Cleaner uninstall tool.

I've attached a Screencast capture of my dilemma to illustrate the problem. I'm not sure what else to try and would be grateful for suggestions.

Thanks,

Dan

170 REPLIES 170
Message 41 of 171
livitabre
in reply to: jeff.pek

No, I didn't last time, but I have now. It works. I thought that I should only add system variable and not change user variable
Is it fine for the other applications if I modify user variable? 

Message 42 of 171
MauriceP1234
in reply to: dan62Q5E

Works for me, thanks Maurice

Message 43 of 171
jeff.pek
in reply to: livitabre

The user variables will supersede the system variables, so for you, since you already had that set, that's the appropriate way to apply the change.

Jeff

Message 44 of 171

После выполнения действий по Вашей инструкции всё заработало!

Message 45 of 171
lance.carocci
in reply to: livitabre

@livitabre,

@jeff.pek is correct here - you have both a User and System-level entry for the same variable, in which the User-based one will win over System. In this case, Angle is actually the new default, so it is in essence not changing anything. Changing this User entry to software or simply deleting it should fix this.

Lance Carocci
Fusion QA for UI Framework/Cloud Workflows, and fervent cat enthusiast
Message 46 of 171
livitabre
in reply to: lance.carocci

@lance.carocci @jeff.pek 
Guys, 
Thanks a lot for the solution and the update!!!
Have a great day!

Message 47 of 171
Gorenc2

It works for me too! 🙂
Thank you very much for your help!  

Martin

Message 48 of 171
Anonymous

I got nothing i tried the GL thing and it still crashes at startup

Message 49 of 171

Thank you so much for this! Nothing I was trying worked. 3D modeling is just a hobby for me, but it was still annoying me.
Rebooted several times
Updated GPU drivers
Tried forcing Fusion 360 to use the Intel HD630
I should have come here sooner, so thank you!
Message 50 of 171

@lance.carocci  Is this setting the same as setting the display driver in preferences to OpenGL? Only reason I ask is I don't have any problem with Fusion but the screencast utility is showing a problem while uploading.

HughesTooling_0-1617992692642.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 51 of 171
stevelovellU439C

In case Autodesk are looking at this forum, me too.

It's been driving me insane. I've uninstalled, used the cleaner, deleted further files as suggested and reinstalled several times. My graphics driver has not been changed and I've checked that it's up to date. I've thrown several hours at this now, and although I'm only a hobbyist, I desperately hope this can be remedied soon.

Looks like I'd better find something else to work on this weekend.

***Edit. Oh.

There was a workaround that works. My mistake for not reading the "solved" part. This has stressed me out for 2 days.

Message 52 of 171

@stevelovellU439C  Did you try the fix in post #29?

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 53 of 171

Hi,

Relax!
@lance.carocci  has both, given hints of a workaround and stated that a solution is being worked on.
That's all he can do at the moment.

günther

Message 54 of 171

I hadn't noticed there was a workaround that works. My mistake for not reading the "solved" part. This has stressed me out for 2 days. 

Thanks.

Message 55 of 171

Yep, I hadn't looked properly. I've used the workaround. Stress subsiding. 🙂

Message 56 of 171

@HughesTooling wrote:

@lance.carocci  Is this setting the same as setting the display driver in preferences to OpenGL? Only reason I ask is I don't have any problem with Fusion but the screencast utility is showing a problem while uploading.

HughesTooling_0-1617992692642.png

Mark

It's a subset of the OpenGL preference configuration. QT_OpenGL is going to apply to most Qt-based applications looking for this flag at startup - an unfortunate side-effect of this workaround.

That said, I know the Screencast team is also working to update their framework, so if you experience similar behavior down the road with the same device, keep this post in mind.

Lance Carocci
Fusion QA for UI Framework/Cloud Workflows, and fervent cat enthusiast
Message 57 of 171
Anonymous

Same problem here. Running still on Windows7.

After several unistallations and installation (cleaned with the cleaner app) fusion is blocked on the startup screen.

Message 58 of 171
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I´ve just reviewed the whole post and this did it for me:

One potential workaround is to force Fusion 360 to use software rendering by setting a system Environment Variable

I´ve also had ad message that python37.dll was missing.. But now all looks ok again.

Message 59 of 171
dennish2001
in reply to: Anonymous

It's waiting for you to login.

The boxes are invisible.

Download and install Autodesk Desktop App to login.

Message 60 of 171
Anonymous

dediğinin yönergeleri tamamladım ancak sorun çözülmedi 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report