Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F360 Crash - OSX 10.15 - OSX built in spellcheck crashes F360 when creating sommething new in Data Panel

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
autodeskK6U53
276 Views, 1 Reply

F360 Crash - OSX 10.15 - OSX built in spellcheck crashes F360 when creating sommething new in Data Panel

Hi.

This has been an issue for several months, but i've recently got a few spare cycles to write it up... and this appears(?) to be the right place to post where it'll get noticed.

The title pretty much sums it up .

To reproduce:

0. Be running the latest f360. here's what `About` tells me:

Active Plan: Fusion 360, Student
macOS 10.15.5

1. create a new project. Try the string `test-project` and let OSX underline it in blue.

2. Stop typing, let the underline blue expand to the suggestion drop down

3. Hit <enter> to 'accept' the correction of `Test-project`

4. Fusion will crash.

This is 100% repeatable. The only way to _not_ trigger it is to click the little `X` that is next to the suggestion

If the steps above are not clear, I'm more than happy to do a screen recording.

OSX helpfully provides a stack trace. The trace corresponding to my most recent crash is below.  The forum software has a 100.000 char limit, so here's the link:

https://gist.github.com/kquinsland/1df537dfc3fbb875d14b9bed54b33393

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

yes, this is a known issue, and is currently being worked on.  The Fusion bug is FUS-63626

Until this is fixed, you can prevent the crash by disabling auto-correct and auto-capitalization in the keyboard settings on the Mac:

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 2.24.40 PM.png

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report