Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export a body as a step or iges format with a right click on the body

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
elwood165
351 Views, 3 Replies

Export a body as a step or iges format with a right click on the body

able to export a body as a dxf, iges or step format on a right button Click

add iges and step export on to bodies.add iges and step export on to bodies.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: elwood165

I can only guess what you are trying to convey with your forum post.  You want to have some right click features added to the right click menu.  Well next time, you need to "state" your request a bit more clearly instead of having others guess what you desire.  Unless the reader is very familiar with Fusion 360, and knew these right click options did not currently exit, would not understand what your post is about.

I am assuming you know these options are already located under Export but I assume left click there is too much effort.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4
Bryan.Hook
in reply to: elwood165

This is old, but it still came across my google search.  In short, you want components and not bodies.  You can right click and export individual Components (as many file types), but not bodies.  It seems with bodies a lot of people are saving them as stl's and then converting them, I assume because they don't know Fusion 360 that well; and the way it handles "assemblies" is quite different than other software I've used.

If you use the top menu to export as the other toxic human being commented before me, you'll export every body and component in the project.

So if you want to export individual parts, each part needs to be its own "component"  not a separate "body."  I still get hung up on this as I only use Fusion 360 once in a while for work, and recently created a project with different bodies instead of components myself.

Message 4 of 4

@Bryan.Hook wrote:

This is old....

Did right click Export Component exist back then?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report