Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration: what is this sorcery??

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mac_ito
175 Views, 2 Replies

Configuration: what is this sorcery??

Hi, 

Why does the component react as you can see in the video? the position of this part is defined by a constraint which is configured why therefore why is the component still free? In addition, why does it react like that with the movement of the other subset?

Thx

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kgrunawalt
in reply to: mac_ito

Just to be clear, to configure a joint instance DOF value:

1. Drive the joint instance
  2. Capture the position (via Capture Position at end of toolbar)
  3. Configure the Position feature in the timeline

This isn't obvious. People instead naturally configure the joint's alignment parameters.

But this does not really help you unless you also "lock" the driven DOF of the joint so it cannot move after it is positioned at the configured value. Configuring position does not force that position after that point. It just moves joint to that position.

If you don't want a configured position to move afterwards, you can lock it. See the two attached images to see the sequence.

Hope this helps!

Configure locked joint value 1.png

Configure locked joint value 2.png

  

Message 3 of 3
mac_ito
in reply to: kgrunawalt

I see you like making us click, I don't.
This topic is linked to another that I opened previously and I prefer the solution provided by @jhackney1972  in the present case it translates like this, and thus I easily master all the scenarios

Thanks again.

Capture d’écran 2024-03-06 à 19.28.26.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report