Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration with joint

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mac_ito
307 Views, 6 Replies

Configuration with joint

Hi, 

I want to configure an open position: angle of 180° between the two plates and a closed position: angle of 110° between the two plates. The right paltine is fixed, only the left one is mobile. My 0° is up.

I don't understand the behavior of my part after it has been configured. Why do I get a different result than what I can get with "drive joints"?

Capture d’écran 2024-03-06 à 15.58.32.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mac_ito
in reply to: mac_ito

I removed the revolution joint, I made another one and the phenomenon disappeared

Capture d’écran 2024-03-06 à 16.08.26.png

Message 3 of 7
mac_ito

In fact, not at all the problem comes from the fact that even configured the containment does not make the connection fixed which means that if we move the component it shifts the starting point of the next movement.

How can I ensure that the component does not move other than with the value entered in the configuration?

Is it normal for this to react like this??

Message 4 of 7
kgrunawalt

Hi, Unfortunately, it is hard to see the details of this video due to resolution. I'm not sure what is being configured.

But here is some info that might help.

A joint definition (not as-built joint) supports "Alignment" offsets in how the two sides are aligned. See image. These parameters determine how the two sides are aligned when the joint motion values are at zero. In the revolute case, there is just one motion value -- the rotation. It is important to keep these alignment parameters separate from the actual driven motion values.

The driven motion values that you see in the joint dimensions in the 3d view are what you can drive via the Drive Joint command. You can configure these too, but it isn't obvious how to do it. These can be different for every instance of the same joint. Say you have a model where a subassembly is instanced multiple times. The revolute in the subassembly will have multiple instances each with independent motion DOF values. The alignment offsets/angle affect all instances. The motion values just affect one instance.

You can configure a driven motion value, but it isn't obvious how. To do this:

1. Drive an instance of a joint (your example just has one instance of the revolute)
  2. Press OK to finish the drive. You'll see a Capture Position command appear at end of toolbar.
  3. Capture a position feature
  4. Configure this feature -- you'll see a parameter to configure that is the motion value that you drove.
  5. Create rows that set this motion parameter to different values

I'm not sure if this helps you here because of the video resolution issue. Apologies if this is off track.

Message 5 of 7
mac_ito
in reply to: kgrunawalt

Hi, 

Sorry but the capture is in good quality. I download the video in "original" quality, once it is downloaded the video is compressed.

Thank you for your information but my problem is not this one. It is related to another topic that I opened on the forum.I note that a component is always free from the link, even if it is configured in a defined position.

Is this normal?

the solution I found to this phenomenon is to do "go to home" to put the component back in the right place

Message 6 of 7
jhackney1972

You can do it using Joint Limits for the Revolute Joint.   Model is attached.  Remember the model must be upload to the Cloud to open it.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
mac_ito

To finish the subject, here is the configuration table as I wanted it.
thx John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report