Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG - Fusion 360 only renders on E-cores (OR on P-cores when switching)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
phone_esra
150 Views, 2 Replies

BUG - Fusion 360 only renders on E-cores (OR on P-cores when switching)

Even on the newest version (v.2.0.17954) – November 30, 2023 Fusion 360 renders ONLY on E-cores.

Because I can turn E-Cores on/off by BIOS settings (Scroll Lock Key switch E-Cores on/off) I've done following record:
On default settings (all CPUs with E-cores) Fusion360 renders *only* on E-cores! This will waste an *lot* of time.
You can see on my picture:
I started with e-cores ON (default), switched to E-cores (OFF) and on again.

On my i5-13400F on default settings, the rendering is done only with 4 e-cores instead of the 6/12 p-cores! Even a 15 year old IntelCore Duo is faster than this. So if your BIOS doesn't have this settings you will wait forever.
OP: Windows 10 Pro, 22H2, Build: 19045.3803, 
ASUS Prime B660M-A D4, bios date 09/08/2023

phone_esra_0-1702645182451.png

Labels (5)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
HughesTooling
in reply to: phone_esra

This has come up before and seems to be controlled by the OS (same problems with games as well if you do a search). Seems you need Windows 11 for better utilisation from what I've seen in other threads.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
phone_esra
in reply to: phone_esra

Hello,

indeed...I have updated to Win11 and now all Cores are involved.

(Cross fingers, that all other programs will work, especially the CAM stuff....)

Thanks and regards Matthias

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report