Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-INS tool Menu - should this be in Design workspace?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1904 Views, 3 Replies

Add-INS tool Menu - should this be in Design workspace?

I am working with scripts and noticed that the ADD-INS menu has been relocated to the Manufacturing Workspace as part of the recently updated UI.  Error messages on running scripts seem to indicate that this Menu should be in the Design Workspace. I have used the "Shift+S" keyboard shortcut as a workaround from the Design workspace - This works without issues. I Searched the forum and found nothing reported about this particular issue, so would appreciate it if someone could look at it and advise. I was inserting a Spur Gear using the Python script, should you wish to repeat the issue. If you need any further info. please advise...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
karina.harper
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

In the new UI preview, the add-ins section is under the "tools" tab.

20190114-8.gif

Karina Harper

Software QA Engineer, Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: karina.harper

Thanks Karina - fast response to what now looks like a dumb question.... 

Message 4 of 4
karina.harper
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Haha, no question is dumb! It's a new layout - sometimes it takes a minute to adapt. If you had the question, others will too Smiley Happy

Karina Harper

Software QA Engineer, Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators