Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Height in CNC Simulate goes through workarea

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nickA9AGT
168 Views, 3 Replies

Z Height in CNC Simulate goes through workarea

Hello Fusion Team,

I am a novice in CAM design with fusion 360, I own a genmitsu 6050PROVerXL that I still have not got to run with fusion 360. One of the issues I'm finding is that during simulation of a new project I simulate the operation and for whatever reason the CNC goes -700 below the Z axis travel even though in Kinematics I've told it that the max range is -115mm. I've had it on one project work like a charm and when I try it on the next I get this issue, I don't know how to solve this. 

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 3.01.07 PM.png

Not sure which aspects of my settings people want to see, but I imagine this may have something of interest. I have the bottom height at -1mm because I want it to cut all the way through and it wasn't going that at 0. 

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 3.02.14 PM.png

my x and Y settings are like this and have no problem

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 3.02.41 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 3.03.08 PM.png

In the machine builder the z axis seems to be fine, I know for a fact I did not ask the CNC to go -761mm below the work bed. 

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 3.05.20 PM.png

Please help me find an answer, when I did it with another design I didn't have this problem but another being "Z-overtravel" which I didn't understand, but looked like the design would work when I tested it on my CNC without a drill bit. Only issue i had there is that the machine was cutting in the air, I probed it from the material I wanted to cut not the MDF board it was sitting on which I'm guessing is the problem. 

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: nickA9AGT

It looks like you don't have your machine/setup defined correctly.  Would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
nickA9AGT
in reply to: seth.madore

No Problem, please find it enclosed below. 

Just mind you this is nothing other than a test carve for ABS plastic sheet being 3.5mm thick, It could be any shape or object within 80x80mm space. Trying to find out the best settings to carve into ABS. 

Message 4 of 4
nickA9AGT
in reply to: seth.madore

Hey Seth,

have you had any luck? do the settings I have on the f3d file actually transfer over to you? including how my machine is set?

Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 12.09.50 PM.png

I should also mention when exporting files back when it worked I had issues with the safe retracts and home positioning. For whatever reason whether I choose G28 or G53 it shoots the z axis to the hard limit switch and causes the cut to fail. I've had to get around this through selecting clearance height, but hoped maybe you would find something interesting whilst trying. to find the other bug.

IMG_9835.jpg

Here as well in case you need it is the manuals specifications page. 

Again, thank you very much for taking the time, you're saving me big time with my job. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report