Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool library Mac

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
macmanpb
780 Views, 6 Replies

Tool library Mac

How can i use an existing tool library?

I have a library in the dropbox and i want to share it with my laptop.

But i saw no buttons to open an existing library.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Trigg3r
in reply to: macmanpb

First off, in the Tool Library window, You have two choices, you can either Right Click on an exisiting folder, like My Libraries, and choose 'Add Library Folder ...' and point it to your dropbox folder that contains your Library, or, choose Add New Library, give it a unique name, and the Right click the newly created empty Library, and choose 'Import Tools from Library ...' and then navigate to your custom Library to import tools from it.

After writing all that, I now see you're running a Mac, and I'm sure there where a few problems with Libraries under Mac OS. 😞

HTH 🙂

Message 3 of 7
macmanpb
in reply to: Trigg3r

Yes for sure, right click menu is not present and drag and drop a tool into a folder is buggy.

Some values that i have entered at the tool setup are wrong displayed in the tools table!

😉
Message 4 of 7
peter.pretsch

Hi Macmanpb,

We are working on making import of tools available in a future release of Fusion 360.

Kind regards,

Peter

Peter V. Pretsch
SW Development Manager
Message 5 of 7
macmanpb
in reply to: peter.pretsch

Will the bugs - that i wrote above - fixed in an earlier bugfix release?

Message 6 of 7
peter.pretsch

Drag and drop is not implemented yet, but was unfortunately left discoverable in the current version - it will be available in a future version.

Could you be more specific as to which values does not show up correctly in the tool table ?

Kind regards,

Peter

Peter V. Pretsch
SW Development Manager
Message 7 of 7
macmanpb
in reply to: peter.pretsch

Here it is...

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report