Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM toolpath for model backside...

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
macmanpb
891 Views, 6 Replies

CAM toolpath for model backside...

I have designed something and added some toolpathes to the top of the model. What is the best practise if i want add some toolpaths to the backside of the model.

Do i need to copy my model and flip it and can then add the toolpathes? Smiley Surprised

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Trigg3r
in reply to: macmanpb

No need for two models. Just start a new set-up with the co-ordinate set up to suit the orientation of your model. 😄
Message 3 of 7
macmanpb
in reply to: Trigg3r

The simplest things are so near.
You are completely right, shame on me 🙂
Message 4 of 7
macmanpb
in reply to: Trigg3r

Ok, your solution is perfect, but what happend when i will use fixtures vor both sides?

Should i place the fixtures a second time for the other side?Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
bobvdd
in reply to: macmanpb

I think the answer is yes. In the included screenshots. I show setup1 in the first image and setup2 in the second image I show a view that mimics a part being flipped 180 deg on the machine (although in reality the part does not move in the software thanks to the WCS definition in the setup). Needless to say that the two images were taken with different camera views.

I copied and mirrored the fixtures. This gave me 4 fixtures which I all placed flush with the stock. 
I also changed the visibility of two of them (watch the state of the lightbulbs in the browser) to get the proper fixtures to show up for a particular setup. 
Of course the relevant fixtures need to be selected in the second setup too to make it all consistent. 

Setup1.PNGSetup2.PNG

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 6 of 7
jeff.walters
in reply to: bobvdd

Great tips Bob

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 7 of 7
macmanpb
in reply to: bobvdd

Thank you Bob,

i have done so, as you explained. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report