Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch between design and manufacture and all my bodies move

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
245 Views, 3 Replies

Switch between design and manufacture and all my bodies move

Hello,

When I switch between design and manufacture a number of my bodies move.Go back to design and they in the original place. How can I stop this from happening?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/7c4de6c8-99bf-4453-967a-c41a6139b677

Mark

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: Anonymous

Joints. You have a ton of "Move" commands and the CAM environment doesn't handle that too well.

The other thought and area to look at is your Manufacturing Models. What's contained in those, I see you have it active.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: seth.madore

the move cmds were to manually nest for the cut. No joints in this model as its simple furniture. ITs likely it was because I had tried to use the arrange / nesting functionality unsuccessfully.

NVM as I have now re-nested on fresh design. Once the nesting functionality matures a bit I will give it another go.

Thanks 

Mark

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: Anonymous

Right, but what I'm getting at is there have been reports in times past of people with a slew of Move commands and parts or toolpaths going out of whack when moving to the manufacture space. Joints isn't just used in assemblies, but also to properly position parts...perfectly.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report