Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum Z gone from setup sheet when using rotary

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
461 Views, 6 Replies

Minimum Z gone from setup sheet when using rotary

Good day!

I have encountered an error that my Setup sheet MIN Z disappears only when (any of) my setup operation contains Tool orientatated WCS.

If I create a setup with any number of operations, not using "Tool Orientation" from the operation properties, the setup sheet posts properly with MIN Z values visible.

If my setup contains even one operation that uses "Tool Orientation" to tilt my workpiece, the MIN Z paragraph disappears or shows zero (0) of value depending on how I generate the setup sheet.

Is there any way around this? Min Z is extremely useful to have when setting up tools.

Huomautus 2021-03-26 141453.png

Regards
Ahola KT

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CRANDALLPRECISION
in reply to: Anonymous

bump, 

Message 3 of 7
a.laasW8M6T

Interesting, I get the same issue when I post  stuff with tool orientation(I have my post set to write a comment for the Zmin below the tool call), but couldn't figure out why it was happening some times but not others.

Like you say its an extremely useful tool for checking for collisions etc

Message 4 of 7
MNJCNC

Has anyone figured this out? It's driving me crazy.

Message 5 of 7
simspacetn
in reply to: MNJCNC

I started experiencing the same problem today with the current design I'm working on.
I opened a design that I worked on last week and when I post it and ZMIN is there.  
I'm not sure what's going on, or what is wrong with my design.

Message 6 of 7
Jerronbao

Still a problem 5/8/2024

Message 7 of 7

Its because of tool orientation. The z at that point is not using the setup plane to look at lengths so fusion pulls it out.

Same with our Mastercam and worknc programs. Its not just a Fusion thing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report