Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milling an O-ring Groove

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
nicholas40878
295 Views, 5 Replies

Milling an O-ring Groove

I am trying to figure out this O-ring groove. It spans the entire part.  Every other operation I've been able to figure out with bitter ease. lol. I really don't know where to begin. I've tried 3D contour with a ball nose, which I could be doing wrong of course. I have tried a parallel, which feels a little out there but anything's worth trying.

I figured a 1/8 ball nose could do it....just how?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Please attach your Fusion 360 model, not a Solidworks file.  It should be an F3D or F3Z file extension.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 6

No Probelm. 

Message 4 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: nicholas40878

Because that surface is curved, we're going to need to use the 3D toolpaths to machine it. I would suggest Blend or Geodesic:

2023-09-25_05h03_29.png

2023-09-25_05h03_45.png

File is attached for your review

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 6
nicholas40878
in reply to: seth.madore

Seth,

Thank you so very much for the solution. Where would I find "Blend" and/or "Geodesic"? I'm running off of a education license until it runs out. Is it a add on?

Thanks,

Nick

Message 6 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: nicholas40878

So, there was a slight restructuring of how users access "Preview Features". In times passed, it was just a simple matter of enabling a tick-box in Preview Features. That's changed in the last release and these Previews are only open to customers who are members of the Insider Program. Membership is free, but applications are reviewed and an NDA is required. You can read more about the Insider Program HERE

If you choose to join, both Production and Insider builds of Fusion will have this in your Preferences:

2023-09-28_08h22_36.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report