Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2023 Post Processor and Machine Simulation What' New

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
andrea.amilo
1475 Views, 0 Replies

July 2023 Post Processor and Machine Simulation What' New

Post Processor and Machine Simulation What’s New

Home Page Ok 2022.JPG

Looking for the latest post processors and machines updates? Look no further!

We are continually working

hard to bring you updates and improvements to the many open-source Post Processors and Machines we offer for free, but those updates often get lost in the shuffle of other enhancements or big feature releases. This post aims to update you on newly added or improved post processors and machines, so you can stay up to date on what you use today or look for news so you can get the most out of Fusion 360.

This post will get refreshed with notable updates as they’re released, and you can click each hyperlink to go to the mentioned post. As always, you can find the latest in our post processor offering on the Online Post Library where you can search by vendor, type, or name, and see any recent changes to each post processor.

MAIN CONTENTS

1. New Post Processors
  2. Improved Processors
  3. New Machines
  4. Improved Machines
  5. Documentation
  6. Tools and Tool Holders
  7. New Workholdings
  8. Post Processor Engine

Fusion360 Logo.png

1. New Post Processors

Milling Post Processors

fagor waterjet_thumbnail.png

Fagor Waterjet

Added a new post processor for Fagor waterjet.

lightburn-software.png

LightBurn Laser

Added a new post processor for the LightBurn Laser Software.

2. Improved Post Processors

We are always working to keep post processors up to date with new technologies. This is a summary of the main improvements made to post processors already in the library.

Generic Post Processors

milling.png

Bantam, BostoMatic, Boxford, Boxzy, Buildbotics, Deckel Dialog 3, Fadal, LabVolt, Laguna CNC, Seicos, Selca, Stepcraft UCCNC, ShopSabre, Sodick High Speed Milling, Syil Syntec, Techno CNC, TinyG, Torchmate, Volter ACP,

Updated posts to use shared content across post processors.

Milling Post Processors

milling.png

CAMaster ATC

Removed support for stop (M0) and optional stop (M1) codes in the CAMaster ATC post processor.

milling.png

Denford

Removed drill cycles and tool length compensation code output in the denford post processor.

Mill-Turn Post Processors

doosan mill-turn fanuc_thumbnail.png

Doosan Mill/Turn

Output the correct Z-axis position when moving to the WCS home position and the secondary spindle is active in the Doosan Mill/Turn post.

Mazak.png

Mazak EZ 8M, Mazak EZ 8MY, Mazak EZ 8MSY, Mazak EZ 10M, Mazak EZ 10MY, Mazak EZ 10MSY, Mazak EZ 12M, Mazak EZ 12MY, Mazak EZ 12MSY, Mazak QTU 200-M, Mazak QTU 200-MS, Mazak QTU 200-MY, Mazak QTU 200-MSY, Mazak QTU 250-M, Mazak QTU 250-MS, Mazak QTU 250-MY, Mazak QTU 250-MSY, Mazak QTU 350-M, Mazak QTU 350-MS, Mazak QTU 350-MY, Mazak QTU 350-MSY

Reversed C-axis on sub spindle and added G98 when transferring part and for dwell in the Mazak Mill/Turn post processors.

Mazak.png

Mazak Quick Turn 100-M, Mazak Quick Turn 100-MS, Mazak Quick Turn 100-MY, Mazak Quick Turn 100-MSY, Mazak Quick Turn 200-M, Mazak Quick Turn 200-MS, Mazak Quick Turn 200-MY, Mazak Quick Turn 200-MSY, Mazak Quick Turn 250-M, Mazak Quick Turn 250-MS, Mazak Quick Turn 250-MY, Mazak Quick Turn 250-MSY, Mazak Quick Turn 350-M, Mazak Quick Turn 350-MY, Mazak Quick Turn 350-MSY, Mazak Quick Turn 400-M, Mazak Quick Turn 450-M, Mazak Quick Turn 450-MY

Reversed C-axis on sub spindle and added G98 when transferring part and for dwell in the Mazak Mill/Turn post processors.

3. New Machines

Machine Library

The Machine Library lets you manage your machine tools by using Machine Configurations to define your available machines and resources. These configurations can automate the settings in your Job Setup.
There are many Machine Configurations available in the standard library.

You will have available configuration files for some of the leading machine manufacturers:

Denford.png

2600 Pro F1

Compact 1000 Pro

kimla_thumbnail.pngBFN 1007

BPF 2131

matsuura_thumbnail.pngMX-420

Modix-Logo-OK.png

BIG-60

BIG-120X

BIG-120Z

BIG-180X

BIG-Meter

YCM.jpg

RX65

The easiest way to get started, is to copy an existing configuration that matches some of the characteristics of your machine.

4. Improved Machines

Bresser_GmbH_logo.pngREX II

T-REX2

EOS.png

Formiga P110

matsuura_thumbnail.pngMX-330

Quickmill ok.pngAnnihilator 96x230

5. Documentation

Added the Techman Robot User Guide:

Techman User Guide.png

6. Tools and Tool Holders

The Tool Library lets you manage tools for Milling, Turning, Cutting (waterjet, laser & plasma), Touch Probes and Holders. The Tool Library lets you manage libraries of predefined tools and project documents.

This button is on the Tool Library Home Page and describes the most recent version of the Tooling Schema file:

Tooling JSON.png

This details the configuration of the JSON file needed to create an importable tooling database into Fusion.

7. New Workholding

Workholding Library

The Workholding library lets you add a workholding equipment (vise, table, tombstone, etc.) to a manufacturing model. Those can be found in the "CAM Samples" project folder that you can find in the Fusion 360 data panel:

workholding.png

5th axis.png

5th AXIS:

-               3 vices:  D221M, D1151S, V562

8. Post Processor Engine

Our development team is always working to update and fix the Autodesk CAM Post Processor engine. These modifications are not related to a specific postprocessor (as described above) but affect the entire library or at least the post processors using that specific class. The current post processor kernel is 4.5971.

API.png

The tool tip position is now calculated when moving to the rotary axis limit during a rewind/retract operation when TCP is in effect.

You can find here all the information regarding the Autodesk CAM Post Processor engine.

Click here to see the previous What’s New release.

Andrea Amilo

Senior Technical Consultant

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Fusion 360 Webinars | Autodesk Make
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report