Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High feed rate is not limited by Machine Capabilities in Haas Pre-NGC post

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ClydeClark
288 Views, 3 Replies

High feed rate is not limited by Machine Capabilities in Haas Pre-NGC post

Hi.

We have a Haas TM-1P. The max feed rate is 400ipm, so this is the value I put into the Max feedrate field in the Machine Definition>Capabilities>Motion setting.

We recently changed to use the latest HAAS (pre-NGC) post haas.cps 44121, because it now incorporates many of the edits we'd made to our own fork of 38310 over time and has new cool capabilities. We'd like to stay on the Fusion-maintained post if possible.

After posting a bunch of jobs, we found they won't run because the F500 is too fast for our machine (agreed, I should have noticed before sending them to the shop). I'm now editing all the saved posts to set the Post properties>(Built-in) High feedrate to 400, but we need to be sure to check that every time we post. Alternately, we could modify the 44121 with highFeedrate = (unit == IN) ? 400 : 5000;, but then we have a fork that won't get updated. 

It would be great if the Fusion Post-masters could check the machine capabilities and limit the highFeedrate if necessary. 

Thanks,

CC

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: ClydeClark

Is this the only Haas mill in the shop, or the only one that is limited in feedrate?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: ClydeClark

I can reproduce what you're seeing and have reached out to the Machine Config team to better understand this behavior..

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 4
ClydeClark
in reply to: seth.madore

Thanks Seth, This is the only machine limited by the feedrate. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report