Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend links

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Bnuno608
128 Views, 3 Replies

Extend links

Bnuno608_0-1721511959723.png

is it possible to extend and links in extend move? this is paralell strategy, i can increase the entry and exit, but but not the links between, or  i need to extend the surface?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: Bnuno608

At present, you need to extend the surface

-EDIT-

It does appear that using a Machining Boundary and Boundary Offset does seem to get us what we're looking for. Past history tells me that should have been a  "waterfall" result, so I'm not sure when that was changed or perhaps I'm just conflating it with something else 🤔

2024-07-20_17h53_58.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: Bnuno608

Hi

Seth the reason its not waterfalling here is that you have a bottom height containing the toolpath.

If you change that to model bottom then it does waterfall

alaasW8M6T_1-1721520130341.png

Containing with the bottom height works fine for a flat surface but will be problematic for other sloped/curved geometry.

Flow is the only toolpath that properly applies tangential extensions to surfaces, other strategies will require making extended surfaces in the design workspace

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

@a.laasW8M6T wrote:

Hi

Seth the reason its not waterfalling here is that you have a bottom height containing the toolpath.

If you change that to model bottom then it does waterfall

Yeah, that was something that occurred to me late last night as I was dozing off. I'm still curious as to why it actually extended the surfaces though. Truthfully, I've never used a Parallel toolpath on a purely flat surface (we have better toolpaths for that task), so it's likely that it's always been able to extend like that.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report