Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default offset Gxx

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
748 Views, 5 Replies

Default offset Gxx

Hello All,

Does anyone know how to set the default offset Gxx for the post-process using Mach3? 

By default, Fusion360 sets it to G54, whereas I'd like it to be G58 by default.

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Steinwerks
in reply to: Anonymous

Here you go. Don't save this in the Default post folder, put it in your personal posts so it doesn't get overwritten on the next update.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Steinwerks

Thanks Mate - once again you've been so helpfull. Cheers.
Message 4 of 6
Steinwerks
in reply to: Anonymous

No problem!

This just came from the Mach3Mill default post in the current Fusion install, so if there are forthcoming versions this is a pretty simple change to make in the post. If you scroll down to line 473 you get this block:

if (workOffset == 0) {
    warningOnce(localize("Work offset has not been specified. Using G54 as WCS."), WARNING_WORK_OFFSET);
    workOffset = 1;
  }

Change it to this (as I did):

if (workOffset == 0) {
    warningOnce(localize("Work offset has not been specified. Using G58 as WCS."), WARNING_WORK_OFFSET);
    workOffset = 5;
  }

And that's it! 

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 5 of 6
HughesTooling
in reply to: Steinwerks

Another option would be to set the offset in the setup to 5 then right click and select make default. No need to edit the post but you'd have to remember to set the offset in any old designs or new installs of Fusion.

Clipboard01.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Steinwerks
in reply to: HughesTooling

Yeah but now he could use that post in HSMWorks or Inventor HSM ;-D
Neal Stein

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report