Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tabs "by destination" seems to be broken

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
fritter63
338 Views, 4 Replies

Tabs "by destination" seems to be broken

Since the update I've noticed on several models that I can no longer place tabs in certain places on a 2D contour.

Demonstration video: (I'm unable to put a table on the 4th curved side)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
HughesTooling
in reply to: fritter63

I've seen this problem if the edge is a spline, is the part imported or done in Fusion?

In the example below the one on the left is an arc and I can add a tab, the other 2 part use a spline and a conic spline and you can't add tabs.

Clipboard01.png

My file's attached.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
fritter63
in reply to: HughesTooling

@HughesTooling

Hey Mark, no not imported, was made in the same drawing. But yes, that particular curve is the result of the a spline (offset I think too). I'm seeing similar on other splines in the file.

Message 4 of 5
HughesTooling
in reply to: fritter63

I actually thought this problem was fixed at one point, it was giving problems cutting out fonts at one point. Although thinking about it a bit more it used to crash Fusion if you used By distance and there was a spine in the chain so this might be the first time this bug has come up.

As a workaround if you go to the model workspace, edit the sketch that created the extrusion and add points where you want the tabs you can select them in the CAM workspace.

Clipboard01.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
fritter63
in reply to: HughesTooling

@HughesTooling

Good tip Mark, didn't realize you could do that!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report