Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get contour to work

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
evanDXG2P
191 Views, 2 Replies

Cannot get contour to work

I have this guitar neck I am working on. It's an older file with some errors and warnings but it works just fine. I am trying to do a final contour of the neck from the top. I created a sketch and projected it to a plan on the bottom of the model. It will just not go all the way to the bottom and is skipping various different areas. I then tried manually selecting the contours of the neck instead of using the sketch and I am getting the same results. 

Contour.PNG

Please understand I already know there are tons of errors and warnings in this. It was my first neck design only a month or so after starting to use fusion 360. But the neck itself is watertight and so is the fretboard. That shouldn't have any impact on this operation. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
leo.castellon
in reply to: evanDXG2P

The sketch you are using for that contour has some problems. If you zoom into it, there are some overlapping sections, I think that is the problem.

LeoC

Message 3 of 3
seth.madore
in reply to: evanDXG2P

A quick selection method is to just use Silhouette:

2023-06-16_11h33_51.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report