Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireframe shell based on a body

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1288 Views, 3 Replies

wireframe shell based on a body

hi, i am new to fusion 360 but using it regularly.

i am trying to create some wireframes for 3d printing. at the moment i am using fusions parametric abilities, shell, patterns, extruding and cutting etc.

is there an easier way to do this; like a modifier for more complex wireframes? please check the attached images.

wireframe_001.pngwireframe_002.png

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

If this is close what you're after and obviously you're no stranger to Blender's modifier stack then there really is no need to attempt this in Fusion 360.

You can export .obj quad mesh files from Blender and import them into Fusion 360 and there turn them into a T-Spline.

Or, you can convert them directly into a BRep (solid)

IT depends on what you want for the desired end result to look like.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

thank you for your answer but unfortunately; i made a google search with "wireframe geometry model" and pick those images as visual help to describe my needs. i didnt even know that was blender workspace. i have zero experience with blender but maybe i should.

any luck with meshmixer or inventor?

Message 4 of 4
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, you should definitely look into Blender. For me Blender and Fusion 360 are a perfect match.

There is a host of video tutorials on YouTube explaining Blender and the wireframe modifier.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report