Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using both f360 and inventor

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
384 Views, 2 Replies

using both f360 and inventor

Greetings,

I've been using f360 for about 2 years now. My startup was given 3 sets of licenses for both f360 and PD suite Pro (Autodesk graciously provided them to us as part of the Clean Tech program). Most of my work is in f360 - the cloud is handy in a number of ways and I find it a bit easier to move around in - but one of my collegues is more inclined to use Inventor and the PD Suite programs (better simulation).

My question is this; is there an easy way to share the files between the two programs? Converting to iges, sat, and step files is clunky and seems to filter out the parametrics as well as a number of other useful elements from the files as we move them back and forth.

thanks for the help,

hanswurst

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeff_strater
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately, data exchange between Fusion and Inventor is somewhat limited.  Using native data, only one-way translation is supported (from Inventor to Fusion), and that translation loses the intelligence of the Inventor model (no parametric features are translated, and assembly constraints are lost).  You can use a neutral format (IGES, STEP, etc), but that will have the same problem.

If you plan to keep your "master" model in Fusion, then you can import Inventor parts as Direct Modeling components and assemble them in Fusion using joints.

Jeff Strater (Fusion development)

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff_strater

bummer. sounds like something that ought to be added to the wish list.

thanks for the answer,
hanswurst

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report