Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usdz materials file?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
SEIZMICdesign
720 Views, 3 Replies

usdz materials file?

Just exported my first functioning .usdz file - pretty cool!

The Fusion360 materials exported OK albeit a little wonky in some cases, but the mapped graphics/decals are not exporting. 

However, I was under the impression that .usdz exported with a materials file, but.... I guess not? Is there something I'm missing as far as getting the mapped decals to export and show up in the viewer?

Labels (5)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seregi4ev
in reply to: SEIZMICdesign

Keep the topic up-to-date. I've the interest too for export .usdz file with mapped decals. 

Message 3 of 4
dhurt7DEH
in reply to: seregi4ev

Ditto! I have same issue creating final USDZ for AR viewing, decals do not show once I upload to view. Will there be a workaround or solution any time soon?

Message 4 of 4

Same.

USDZ files dropped into Apple Keynote from Fusion are magical for presentations and reviews. Currently, "naked" designs that drop livery and materials will not work for reviews though.

The only work arounds I have at the moment is to apply livery/graphics to exported Fusion models in another program that export USDZ. The issue seems to be with the Fusion exports.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report