Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stuck trying to make a serrated locking plate pattern, any help is appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jwhiteF8NZC
398 Views, 8 Replies

stuck trying to make a serrated locking plate pattern, any help is appreciated.

Hello i am trying to figure out how to create a serrated locking plate pattern to act as a slipping clutch, using body 28 and 27 in the attached model. i have very minimal experience and am self taught so please excuse my ignorance if this is simple and if you have to use crayons to get me to understand. a picture is added for example of the type of joint i am trying to build.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
laughingcreek
in reply to: jwhiteF8NZC

looks like a hirth joint-

laughingcreek_0-1714105922778.png

Message 3 of 9
MichaelT_123

Hi Mr JWhiteF8NZC

Here is another method of creating a simple semi-parametric hirth surface

HirthSurface.png

Regards

MichaelT

MichaelT
Tags (2)
Message 4 of 9
Warmingup1953

How will you produce this? Would an off-the-shelf item be suitable?

Message 5 of 9
jwhiteF8NZC
in reply to: laughingcreek

this is exactly what i am looking for, and now i know what it's actually called, thank you this help a lot.

Message 6 of 9
jwhiteF8NZC
in reply to: Warmingup1953

all items will be built by me in house on a mill so as im going im figuring out my limitations in the manufacturing side while i design, but i try to keep that in mind as i'm going along. so far everything is manufacturable with a lathe and mill, except maybe this part now might require a CNC setup unless as you said i can find it already produced which now that i know the proper terminology will be more fruitful but this is a one off piece for a vault door so not to worried about repeatability.

Message 7 of 9
jwhiteF8NZC
in reply to: MichaelT_123

thank you for the file and solution, i am surprised it was that easy, just shows how much i have to learn. maybe i pay for a class or two instead of asking such simple questions.

Message 8 of 9
Warmingup1953

I'm all for make it yourself but there I'd probably go shopping instead....... Good Luck!

Torque_Limiter_50mm_OD_-_Torque_Range_0_3-1kgf-m_-_Finer_Power_Transmissions.jpg

Message 9 of 9
jwhiteF8NZC
in reply to: Warmingup1953

thank you for showing me another thing i can use in the future, though the intention of this project is to learn by making something so no shortcuts for now until i have a better foundation of understanding of fusion and designing. but i do understand where you are coming from and i appreciate you trying to save me money and time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report