Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radial cam lift

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
391 Views, 9 Replies

Radial cam lift

I’m trying to draw a cam lift on a part and have no clue how to do it. The part is .811 in dia and the cam depth at the low side is .240. The radial arc degree would be 56 degrees. 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

I am not sure about the 56 degree part but attached in my attempt.  Maybe it will give you a starting idea.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

Sorry for the crude drawing, I’m not at my computer at the moment, it gives more of a representation. I noted the center line of the part, that is the bottom of the cam, the 56 degree noted is where it plains in with the top of the part. 

image.jpg

@jhackney1972 wrote:

I am not sure about the 56 degree part but attached in my attempt.  Maybe it will give you a starting idea.

Message 4 of 10
jhackney1972

Sorry, this does not help me figure out how the 56 degrees comes into play.  You statement makes not sense to me so either a better layout to define what you are looking for or just try it yourself and ask if you get hung.

John Hackney, Retired
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

This may help, this is what I’m trying to do 

E972C5F0-A063-49F1-9EBD-D5504447D7A2.jpeg

Message 6 of 10
etfrench

@TheCADWhisperer has a good thread on similar model.  Perhaps he can locate it better than I.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
jhackney1972

I feel I am missing some specifications like what is the diameter of the path cutter but I used .125 anyway.  As @etfrench  suggests, you maybe had better wait for other gentleman's input.  Model is attached anyway.

John Hackney, Retired

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

That looks to be exactly what I'm trying to do. thank you so much 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: etfrench

I’m struggling with the sweep part, I’m new to modeling, I’ve been able to get things done, but the sweep part I’m lost on. 

Message 10 of 10
TheCADWhisperer

I don't have time to look at your particular problem, but perhaps this more general solution might get you where you need to go.

https://youtu.be/Wekmai5MqFM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report