Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buck building

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
994 Views, 3 Replies

Buck building

• 51723637-6A80-42D8-9C45-4D24685A2961.jpeg

FAF927EA-1914-43C3-8DE9-3B25676F12B8.jpeg

Hello, new to 3D. I am trying to learn how to take automotive models and create slice pieces that interlock similar to 3D slicer but it has to be alittle more detailed to capture the surface information so I can use this wooden buck to create patterns for sheet metal shaping. I do not know what this process is called or considered the 3D platform, any help is greatly appreciated. Please see reference pictures attached.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
etfrench
in reply to: Anonymous

One way to do this would be to create a solid model of the final shape, then use split body command to create the slices.

A better way would be to start with the solid model then create planes for each of the ribs, create a sketch on each plane, then use the Project/Intersect command to get the outline at that plane. 

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: etfrench

Thank you for the reply, by doing this will it create interlocking pieces? 

Message 4 of 4
etfrench
in reply to: Anonymous

You'll need to create the interlocking joints by drawing them in a sketch. There are multiple threads for 'finger joint' on the forum.  Don't hesitate to ask if you need more help.

ETFrench

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report