Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to show symbols after dimensions in sketch? E.G. "In." or inch symbol?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
redangellion
236 Views, 5 Replies

Possible to show symbols after dimensions in sketch? E.G. "In." or inch symbol?

I'm using Fusion Personal. Is it possible to show the unit after the number in a dimension line? For example, I'm working on a sketch using inches as the unit, and currently my dimensions just show the number, e.g. "96"

I'd like it to show "96 In." or " 96" "

I've done a lot of googling, and found this question asked before, but no definitive answer.

For example, I found the following post:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-support/drawing-dimension-callouts-how-to-show-inch-symbol/td-...

But when I hover over the "Document Settings" item, I don't get a gear icon.

I have both the "Display abbreviations" and "Display symbols" boxes checked in Preferences:

redangellion_0-1720295603247.png

But I'm not sure what they do, as they seem to have no effect.

Anyone have any insight into this? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: redangellion

You model Preferences do not affect the 2D Drawing dimensional settings.  Follow the video where in the 2D Drawing you change the Document settings to get the inch abbreviation symbol.  You show you want the abbreviation in capitals, that is not possible however.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 6
g-andresen

Hi,

1. The linked article is about drawings, not sketches.

2. The units in sketches are defined in the document settings in the browser.

Example

Setting: in
You can also enter 100 mm for in the dimensioning.

The sketch will then show 3.94 (in)

günther

Message 4 of 6
redangellion

Thanks for the reply! I have my units set to "inch" in the browser, but it does not display "(in)" after the dimension:

redangellion_0-1720296627333.png

Edit to add: Also, here's a screenshot showing my units set to "in" in the browser:

redangellion_0-1720296805183.png

Message 5 of 6
jhackney1972

The units only show up when you enter a dimension in the sketch environment.  Once you place the dimension, it is not shown.  You need to clear both of the Preference entries, you show, for this to happen.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 6 of 6
g-andresen

Hi,

please reply directly to a specific post and not via "post reply" global to the thread (in this case to yourself)

Günther

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report