Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a box around an existing loft/shell object

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jwwhitmarsh3
155 Views, 4 Replies

Create a box around an existing loft/shell object

I have an existing loft/shell dish shape I am trying to not recreate, and want to add an extruded rectangle below it, leaving the shell as a dished-out portion of the resulting box. One plane is the flat of the loft/shell, and I have an offset plane from there where the box sketch lives. If I try to extrude that box with an Intersect option, it looks like it's going to work, but I end up with no extruded object afterwards. Is there a different way to do what I'm trying to do, or am I stuck recreating the dish shape after creating the extruded rectangle?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: jwwhitmarsh3

Please attach your model.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 5
jwwhitmarsh3
in reply to: jhackney1972

Attached!

Message 4 of 5
jhackney1972

You have a body extruded around a body.  After you create the rectangular body, use the Combine command to subtract your body from the rectangular body.  You body was not Shelled so I did it to a 1mm thickness which can be modified.  Model is attached.

By the way, you will be a lot happier modeling in Fusion using Capture Design History.

Combine.gif

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 5
jwwhitmarsh3

Perfect, thanks! Still learning the techniques, and I appreciate the assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report