Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perform Emboss, Create New Body

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
scodavis
129 Views, 1 Reply

Perform Emboss, Create New Body

I have been trying for a while to create an emboss with a new body.  I know that the emboss function doesn't have a "Create New Body" checkbox, so I'm trying to find an alternate workflow that works.  I've done a lot of searching, even finding another similar post, but I wasn't able to recreate the result.

I have a cup body that is approximately 3mm in depth.  I've already created my text inlay and performed an emboss of 2mm as I don't want the embossed text visible on the inside.

What I want to do now is re-fill in the embossed area, but have it be new bodies so that I can use two-color 3d printing to have an inlay.

I've attached a photo of where the project is right now, and I've also attached the Fusion file.

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
evanp4509U4JZ
in reply to: scodavis

Roll timeline back to before emboss. Offset outer cup surface in surface mode. Turn off surface. Roll timeline foreward passed emboss. Return to solid workspace. Turn on surface and perform boundary fill.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report