Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Analysis folder in browser but whole model has Section Analysis

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
RogerInHawaii
205 Views, 4 Replies

No Analysis folder in browser but whole model has Section Analysis

I opened up a project that I've been working on and find that the entre model has a Section Analysis on it. It's only showing half of the model, like when you do a Section Analysis. But there's no Analysis folder in the browser, which is where a Section Analysis would normally be, where I could just delete it.

I MIGHT have done a Section Analysis the last time I worked on this model, but I don't want it now. And there seems to be no way to get rid of it. I even looked through every single component and sub-component on the off chance that it was somehow deep inside the browser hierarchy, but didn't find it. Isn't it always right there at the top of the hierarchy?

How do I get rid of that Section Analysis?

Section Analysis.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

In this model, have you ever created a model sketch and used Slice Graphics, from the Sketch Palette?  I have seen this retained in the model, from time to time, after leaving the sketch.  Since you view is not showing a full section, I am thinking this may have happened.  If so, you can go back to the sketch and remove the Slice Graphics check mark and I think it should go away.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 5

Thank you for the response. I SUPPOSE I might have inadvertently done a Slice Graphics, but frankly I don't even know what that is, how it's done, or what I might have clicked on to cause it.

The view is indeed showing the entire model in what looks like a Section Analysis. The solid colored sections are the INSIDE surfaces of those parts.

I decided to go back to a prior saved version of the model, losing just a few edits, and that Section Analysis (or whatever it is) was no longer there.

And in case anyone's wondering, it's a model of Werner Von Braun's Space Ferry.

Message 4 of 5

@RogerInHawaii wrote:

... inadvertently done a Slice Graphics, but frankly I don't even know what that is, how it's done, or what I might have clicked on to cause it.

TheCADWhisperer_0-1652875876255.png

You should always Attach your file here for diagnosis.

Message 5 of 5

You can toggle and check if a sketch slice is active from the browser as well.

HughesTooling_0-1652897318983.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report