Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New components not showing properly on updated drawing

50 REPLIES 50
Message 1 of 51
Roland.Kalamar
3993 Views, 50 Replies

New components not showing properly on updated drawing

Hi all,

I have an urgent task of creating "as-built" drawings based on my earlier drawings. I have the following problem:

I have some new components in the assembly that were added later than when the drawing was originally created from the assembly. (New components as well as new sub-components of existing components).

After updating the drawing the added parts should be shown, but to my surprise this is not the case (either shading is shown but no contours, or nothing at all.)

Also it is the same for new features of existing components.

I don't know what is going on, doing all the drawings again from scratch instead of just updating existing ones is not an option. 

Please share if you have experienced this or if you have any solution or ideas at least.

Thanks,

50 REPLIES 50
Message 2 of 51
hamid.sh.
in reply to: Roland.Kalamar

Are the new components enabled in the browser of Drawing environment (like here)?

Hamid
Message 3 of 51
Roland.Kalamar
in reply to: hamid.sh.

Yes they are enabled and visible.

Message 4 of 51
hamid.sh.

What happens if you do the following?

In your design initiate Drawing From Design, select one of the new components and for Destination select the sheet in your current drawing (not a new drawing).

Hamid
Message 5 of 51
Roland.Kalamar

New components (as well as new features of old components) seem to be shown correctly on new views placed on the same sheet (following your method).

(Of course it is updating the whole drawing the first time I am running this method).

However I am not sure how could i effectively use my old views (with their dimensions and annotations) when only the newly generated views are shown correctly?

Message 6 of 51
hamid.sh.

Well st least this confirms your drawing file really do have access to the latest design version. Now this looks like to me a bug; it kinda looks like Fusion has a cache of the old version but I am not sure... If that's true, this might help (or maybe you have tried it already and it hadn't worked): Double click on the base view of your drawing and change some settings (e.g. shaded/wireframe or even scale then undo). Maybe this forces Fusion to compute the drawing.

Since you are in urgency, I suggest one last resort: make a new drawing with all the required components, but don't add dimensions and annotations. Export both to DXF or DWG and then in a DWG editor (NanoCAD has free version) move dimensions and annotations to the new drawing. Fusion exports to these formats with proper layering, so separating annotations from the design is very easy. I know this is a dirty method but it's fast. 

Hamid
Message 7 of 51
Roland.Kalamar

I have already tried style changes of views with no result and even re-scaling does not do anything with original issue.

Honestly it is bugs like this (other than no colour control for drawing objects - how is that so complicated?..) that make me hate F360's 2D drawing space so much. It is definitely not the first time I am forced to do some really ugly workarounds. 

Anyway thank you for your help so far; if there is no other ideas i will probably have to do something like your workaround suggestion.

Message 8 of 51
Roland.Kalamar

About your workaround i still have a problem by the way: in AutoCAD i can not copy the views coming from F360 into a different .dwg. Any idea how it could be done? Without this even the workaround is really painful

Message 9 of 51
hamid.sh.

Totally agree. Fusion's drawing workspace is too limited. A lot of basic things are not possible. 

As for your question, I almost always export to DXF (because it's a more general cad file, recognized by many software) and then open it in CorelCAD and if needed I save as DWG there. So I haven't had much experience with DWG export. But just now tried and saw two formats in Fusion 360 when exporting to DWG: AutCAD and Simplified. AutoCAD version wasn't usable in CorelCAD (lines were missing), but Simplified version opened well and could be edited. And based on here it make sense, because AutoCAD DWG format exports to layout, Simplified exports to model space. Give Simplified a try. 

Hamid
Message 10 of 51
Roland.Kalamar

I am kind of used to the dwg export --> autocad way from previous workflows, so i guess I will stay with it and grind through it even if it might not be best for this case.

Anyway thanks a lot for your replies! I will return if i am stuck again.

Honestly this whole project of me seem to be cursed, to the point where i am not sure if it will ever end 🙂 

Message 11 of 51

@ClintBrown3D 

Also seeing this.  Newly added components only showing in ghosted form(no outline semi transparent) on shaded views. Without shading nothing is shown.

fb9bc2b3-57c2-420b-a576-bb8f3da3a796.png

Message 12 of 51

Hi @carl.j.barker 

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I've copied in our Product owners, who will pass this along to the development teams to have a look at.

Would you be able to share an F3Z of your files for us to have a look at? You can attach the F3Z file here, or if it is sensitive, feel free to send it directly to me Clint. Brown {a} Autodesk.com

cc: @rohit.bapat @Pramod.kadam 

Message 13 of 51

Sent to your Email. @ClintBrown3D 

Message 14 of 51
liang_chen

Thanks for sharing the dataset. We can reproduce this case, and it has been tracked for further investigation.

Currently, the workaround is to select all new components in drawing browser and click 'suppress all except selected', then select top assembly in drawing browser and click 'unsuppress all components'. 

Please check whether the components will be loaded successfully. 

Workaround.png

Fred Chen
SQA Engineer
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 15 of 51
carl.j.barker
in reply to: liang_chen

@liang_chen 

Thanks Fred, for looking into this and for the work around, 

Message 16 of 51

Hi @carl.j.barker ,

We have found the fix for the issue, we are validating the fix currently.
Very soon we will be providing the fix.
We will update you about the same too.

Tarkeshwar Shah
Tech Lead - Fusion 360 Drawings

Message 17 of 51

I believe I have a similar issue and am very interested in the fix.  Thanks in advance.

Message 18 of 51

looks like this is solved with version 2.0.12392!

probably the worst 2 weeks of fusion for me with this and the rotating views issue.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/rotated-views-on-drawings-unrotate-on-update/m-p/1...

Glad its over!

Message 19 of 51

Hi @Roland.Kalamar / @carl.j.barker / @halftonJW8QY / @GeoffPacker7777 ,

I am glad to inform that latest Fusion update (happened today), has fix of this issue.
Thanks for your patience and help in narrowing the issue.

autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png

Tarkeshwar Shah
Tech Lead, Fusion 360 Drawings

Message 20 of 51

Hi @GeoffPacker7777 

Yes, the Hotfix went live last night (depending on where in the world you are situated). I'm really sorry that you were affected by these 2 issues. I'm really happy that the team has fixed them and that you are back up and running. Thank you for sharing your drawings with the team and for your patience while we got this sorted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report