Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New components not showing properly on updated drawing

50 REPLIES 50
Message 1 of 51
Roland.Kalamar
3588 Views, 50 Replies

New components not showing properly on updated drawing

Hi all,

I have an urgent task of creating "as-built" drawings based on my earlier drawings. I have the following problem:

I have some new components in the assembly that were added later than when the drawing was originally created from the assembly. (New components as well as new sub-components of existing components).

After updating the drawing the added parts should be shown, but to my surprise this is not the case (either shading is shown but no contours, or nothing at all.)

Also it is the same for new features of existing components.

I don't know what is going on, doing all the drawings again from scratch instead of just updating existing ones is not an option. 

Please share if you have experienced this or if you have any solution or ideas at least.

Thanks,

50 REPLIES 50
Message 41 of 51
toffypops
in reply to: ClintBrown3D

Sent you the generated drawing file by mail, as well as the info below.

[GPU Information]
GPU Device: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
GPU RAM: 8064 MB
GPU Driver API: DirectX 11.0
GPU Driver Version: 531.68
GPU Driver Date: 04/14/2023

[Graphics Effects Settings]
Anti Aliasing: On
Ambient Occlusion: On
Object Shadow: Off
Ground Shadow: On
Ground Reflection: Off
Selection Display Style: Normal
Transparency Effect: Better Performance

[Limit effects to optimize performance]
Off

Message 42 of 51
toffypops
in reply to: Roland.Kalamar

Another example. Just zooming makes objects vanish.

I tried changing NVIDIA driver from gaming version to studio-version, without anything changing. 

If i try to print the drawing, the objects are not visible when printing so it seems the link to the components get broken, or the cache for invisible objects are cleared when zooming. For me this feels like Fusion is unable to maintain it's draw-buffer for objects that originated from linked-in-components from f3d files, when you zoom in and out, where the links have been broken. Usually an update from the project fixes the view of all other project files.

Message 43 of 51

Hi @ClintBrown3D @tarkeshwar.shah

I am currently on the latest version of fusion 360 and have started experiencing this issue.

Message 44 of 51
liang_chen

Hi @vafolabi566 ,  

We can't reproduce this issue in the test case in our side. is there any specific dataset or workflow leads to this issue ?  Pls share the dataset and workflow with us for inveistigation. (Right click drawing file in data panel -> Share link -> Share the link of drawing file and allow to be downloaded.)

If it is confidential and can't be shared in public, you can share the files in mail . My mail is 'liang.chen@autodesk.com'

Fred Chen
SQA Engineer
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 45 of 51
toffypops
in reply to: liang_chen

I already shared all files TWICE to your employees!

Message 46 of 51
willpT3BP7

This has been a big problem for me as well recently.  The posted work around only works for one component at a time, each subsequent suppress / unsuppress breaks the one that I had just fixed.  However, I believe I have another work around that is also quicker.  I duplicated the sheet and deleted the old sheet and the model is displaying as it should.  Hopefully this is helpful to others because I have lost a lot of time due to this bug.  

Message 47 of 51
dbeltrang

Still having this problem. I tried the duplicate trick and it does not work for me. But today I realized something new. It depends on the style. So chosing "sombreado", closing, chosing "aristas", closing worked for me.

dbeltrang_0-1704456738212.pngdbeltrang_1-1704456760063.png

Message 48 of 51
leso96

I just had this error occur in the most recent build. I went back to a file and boleaned some bodies, and in previously draw drawings the new body did not show (it does however show on newly placed views). I solved this by duplicating the sheet and on the new sheet changing the appearance of the view, then all the new bodies showed and i could delete the original sheet. 

Message 49 of 51
natzoo

I am having the same issue. I tried toggling as many menus as possible, but nothing fixed it. If I create a new base view, the part is visible. However, that would require me to redo over 50 pages of drawings.

The component is made visible in the sheet, but it does not have lines in the drawing:

natzoo_1-1718681188157.png

natzoo_2-1718681210462.png

@ClintBrown3D @Roland.Kalamar, the file is sensitive. Can I directly email it?

I triggered this bug by "Creating component from body". After I had done this, I saved, and updated my 2D drawings. After that, the part outlines stopped showing up.

natzoo_3-1718681453235.png

Thanks for the help!

Message 50 of 51
Pramod.kadam
in reply to: natzoo

Hi @natzoo , 

Apologies to hear that you are facing an issue. Please share the file to Pramod.Kadam@autodesk.com

Thanks,

Pramod Kadam
Product Owner
Fusion 360 Drawings
Message 51 of 51
leso96
in reply to: natzoo

Try duplicating the sheet(s) then changing the shading type on the
duplicate. That should work and not take too long. When done you can remove
the original sheet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report