Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need help with T-splines enhancement

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
1395 Views, 16 Replies

Need help with T-splines enhancement

Hi there ๐Ÿ™‚

1) I didn't find any information, how to change curvature of the splines. For example, I need to make a spline less curved. Or change curvature to another direction to get smooth line.

ะกะฝะธะผะพะบ ัะบั€ะฐะฝะฐ (59).pngะกะฝะธะผะพะบ ัะบั€ะฐะฝะฐ (60).png

2. There's something confusing with my model. When i'm trying to add some edges at the back of my car, there's happen strange things that I don't understand. After that I can't even save model, because it has some problems with intersections, although in box mode everything seems ok.

ะกะฝะธะผะพะบ ัะบั€ะฐะฝะฐ (62).pngะกะฝะธะผะพะบ ัะบั€ะฐะฝะฐ (64).pngะกะฝะธะผะพะบ ัะบั€ะฐะฝะฐ (66).png

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
SaeedHamza
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Could you explain more what exactly your problem is, I noticed that you're talking about these 2 parts of your model, but don't really understand what your problem is

car 1.pngcar 2.png

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: SaeedHamza

Well, there're two different problems. First one is more common: changing of curvature I do need not only in this model. But second problem is only for that model: adding of the edge in the back makes smooth angles sharp.

Message 4 of 17
SaeedHamza

Working with the sculpt environment is like a craft, can't really explain it by words, you need pictures like examples, because you can't predict what is going to happen to your model until you do it

So for a faster solution, I recommend you post a picture or something like that because what you're asking about is so general and not specified

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous

Illustrations at the first message is not enough?

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous

ะกะฝะธะผะพะบ ัะบั€ะฐะฝะฐ (60).png

Can I change curvature that way, or it is imopible?

Message 7 of 17
SaeedHamza

Of course you can, but it depends on how the curvature is
As I said, it's a general question so you need a picture to show exactly
what you mean
Message 8 of 17
SaeedHamza

Of course you can, but it depends on how the curvature is
As I said, it's a general question so you need a picture to show exactly
what you mean
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous

Can you, please, list all methods? I face that problem frequently. And how would you act ะกะฝะธะผะพะบ ัะบั€ะฐะฝะฐ (60).pngUntitled-1.pngat pictured case?

Message 10 of 17
SaeedHamza

sorry I didn't see the picture you posted because I was replying from a phone

Try deleting the faces around the curve and then use merge or bridge to connect them in a better result

Regards

Message 11 of 17
TrippyLighting

@SaeedHamza wrote:

Working with the sculpt environment is like a craft

Exactly! It is hard to explain these things without being able to show them at the same time in a screencast.

EESignature

Message 12 of 17
TrippyLighting

I have to say that I fail to see the magnified views in your screenshots in the model.

However, what I do see in your model is that you use the patch environment to patch openings in the T-Spline. That is a bad idea. Really bad!

If you try to fillet that I can guarantee that this is likely to fail at some point.

It's better to fill that hole  that using the T-Spline environment.

EESignature

Message 13 of 17
SaeedHamza
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Peter it took me a minute to realize that you mean the PATCH environment Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 17
TrippyLighting

Oops. I swear this keyboard randomly swallows letters!

EESignature

Message 15 of 17
SaeedHamza

Watch this screencast please, I tried to explain your problem :

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous

Oh, okaay

Message 17 of 17
SaeedHamza

Here are some tips to help you work with the sculpt environment, I hope it helps

Best of luck

Saeed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report