Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Detail Sheets and Assembly Drawings

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
stollartist64
450 Views, 2 Replies

Multi-Detail Sheets and Assembly Drawings

I have created an assembly drawing and used balloons/table to call out the components. Now I want to begin detailing the components on sheet 2, 3...

On sheet 2 how do I add a base view of Detail 1 (component) for the assembly?  When I add a base view to sheet 2 it brings in the whole assembly again.

Thanks for advise. 

L

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
patilsm
in reply to: stollartist64

Hi @stollartist64 ,

Thanks for your post.

If you already created the Base view for full assembly in Sheet1 and now interested into create the Base view for specific Component from assembly in Sheet 2, Then please place Base view in Sheet 2 where you will display All component but you can suppress the component which not require from side browser tree by uncheck Box or Right menu button.

Otherwise you can repeat  drawing creation step again and in Create Drawing dialog Box, just unchecked full assembly and select respective component. in Drawing drop down select the existing drawing and then select the respective drawing sheet where you want to place the details view.

Let me know If this not resolve your issue or some different you expecting.

Regards,

Sagar Patil

Sagar Patil
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3

In such a case,

could it be possible to automate the generation of one new sheet by component of the main assembly?

Many thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report