Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't input dimensions inside "Edit Title Block" workspace

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
timon475
405 Views, 4 Replies

Can't input dimensions inside "Edit Title Block" workspace

Is there a reason I can't input dimensions myself for the lines inside Edit Title Block workspace? Have you really forgot to input such a basic function? Do I really have to download AutoCAD to be able to create simple title block as a normal human being? Or am I stupid? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: timon475

You seem to be frustrated by a big oversight in Fusion 360 drawing template creation.  I have a solution for you and you do not have to download AutoCAD.  Take a look at my blog article and included video, it is just what you need.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 5
timon475
in reply to: jhackney1972

That's a really nice work-around, thank you!

But this is still a workaround for a very basic function that shoud just be there from the start. I hope community/product manager would notice this post and add this issue to their's to-do list

Message 4 of 5
jhackney1972

I can see on my end that this topic has been elevated so it may be considered in the future.  If you feel you have your solution, please mark your post as solved so others can find the solution if they have a similar problem.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

@timon475 wrote:

Do I really have to download AutoCAD to be able to create simple title block as a normal human being? 

Hey @timon475 : I already did it with the free 30 days trial version but didn't worked as expected.

One of the main issues I found was the XREF's from AutoCAD are not compatible with Fusion 360. That being said, it's a totally waste of time try to create the title block in AutoCAD and then importing to Fusion 360.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report