Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Section View to Second Sheet of Drawing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
947 Views, 5 Replies

Moving Section View to Second Sheet of Drawing

I am laying out plumbing under a concrete slab. My main view is on sheet 1 which is the top view looking down on the slab with the plumbing exposed in the concrete slab.  I would like to take section views through the slab to show grades of the plumbing lines under the concrete slab.  So my method is to identify the cut on the main view but show the section view on the subsequent sheets, one cut per sheet.  How do I move the section view from the sheet where it is created to a follow-up sheet?

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

Moving a section view from the sheet where the view is taken to another sheet is not support in Fusion 360, at least not yet.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

I guess if I were to pull this off, I would put the main view in a small scale on the sheet, make the section cut and then scale the section view large enough to read.

Message 4 of 6
HughesTooling

@Anonymous wrote:
I guess if I were to pull this off, I would put the main view in a small scale on the sheet, make the section cut and then scale the section view large enough to read.

You can have the main view off the sheet, no need to have it at a smaller scale.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

Something like this. For a PDF you will not know the main view is there, for a DXF\DWG it will be there just not on the sheet.

HughesTooling_0-1616682637012.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
mark_rankin

Is this still not an option? 
How can this be escalated to be included?  This would seem to be a fairly obvious requirement.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report