Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving or constraining an imported SVG without changing it

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JetForMe
232 Views, 3 Replies

Moving or constraining an imported SVG without changing it

Is there a way to group the elements of an imported SVG into a fixed body that can be moved, rotated, and scaled without otherwise changing the SVG? When it's first imported it's fully fixed, which preserves the shape, but doesn't let me move it or align it with other features in the sketch.

I also wish one could set constraints with the nine standard control points (corners and edges of bounding box, center). But if those aren't in the SVG to begin with, it seems there's no good way to accomplish it. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, PCNC1100 Series 3, Slant-PRO 15L Lathe, Custom AvidCNC-based 4x9' CNC Router w/24k 4.5 kW HSD Spindle & Teknic SDSK Servos
Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jeff_strater
in reply to: JetForMe

no, there is no way to make any kind of "rigid group" in sketch.  The best you can do today is to create a selection set of the whole imported SVG, and make it easier to select all the items in that group.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 4
jhackney1972

Since @jeff_strater beat me to the punch, I have attached a Screencast, I had made, to illustrate his answer about Selection Sets.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 4
JetForMe

Thanks. The selection set will suffice as a workaround, but it's not really a complete solution. Thank you though, I didn't know about them!

MacBook Pro, PCNC1100 Series 3, Slant-PRO 15L Lathe, Custom AvidCNC-based 4x9' CNC Router w/24k 4.5 kW HSD Spindle & Teknic SDSK Servos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report