Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lofting Help Needed!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
872 Views, 4 Replies

Lofting Help Needed!

I have a circle and a square-ish shape. I am trying to loft between them but can not figure out what i am doing wrong.  The circle is above the square, and the plane of the circle is at a shallow angle compared against the square. 

I am getting the following errors: 

The loft could not be created. try changing the inputs, swapping profiles for rails or a centerline, or adjusting the continuity conditions

and

tool body creation failed

FusionLoftIssue.png

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
laughingcreek
in reply to: Anonymous

hard to say just from the pic.  can you attach your .f3d file here?

You may just need to add a rail or 2.

you may need to split each of the profiles in half and do one half at a time.  fusion can't loft hollow profiles in one go.  

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: laughingcreek

file attached. Thanks in advance for the help. I have tried rails, i have tried making other profiles to loft multiple profiles around the edges. so help is needed!

Message 4 of 5
laughingcreek
in reply to: Anonymous

fusion can't loft from an "O" shape to an "O" shape in one go. you either have to split in half, or do the whole thing and loft cut out the center.

see attached using split in half approach.  made condition to the ring tangent b/c I don't know what your going for

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: laughingcreek

thank you. it was so simple in the end. I really appreciate the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report