Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy New Error - "Failed to get target occurrence transform"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
greg9504
581 Views, 2 Replies

Copy New Error - "Failed to get target occurrence transform"

Hello,  

Fusion 360 newbie.  I think I created the original component correct.  I first added a new component, then inserted a dxf file (I beam cross section) while that component was active, which created a new sketch under that component.  I then extruded a body as part of that component.  All good so far, I even managed to "Copy New" once without any problems.  After doing a bunch of work I then tried to copy that same component and now I get this error.  I open the sketch (of the copied component) and there isn't anything obvious to me wrong.  I've attached the exported project, the copied component is named S 4x7.7:1.  Thanks for any help.

Greg.

fusion360copynewproblem.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: greg9504

You can mover forward if you right click on each of the timeline sketches, with the yellow error background, and select "Convert to DM Feature".  DM stands for Direct Modeling.  This will create a "Solid" in the place of the sketch and the Extrusion, not the best thing in my opinion but it will get you moving again.  I attached a your model, with a different name,  with this solution but I do not think you will need it.

Convert to.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3
greg9504
in reply to: jhackney1972

@jhackney1972 Thanks for taking a look.  I think my problem might be I used the default sketch and imported the dxf to it.  Extruded the body, then moved the body to a new component.  I think, still trying to get the workflow correct.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report