Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create text along circular patch in Fusion 360 ?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Monodon
1016 Views, 6 Replies

How to create text along circular patch in Fusion 360 ?

As in the message title .... 

I will be grateful for your help.

Mike

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jhackney1972
in reply to: Monodon

There is no function in Fusion 360 to create text in a geometric pattern, in your case along a circular (Arc) path.  If you have to have this, the best way I can think to do it is create one letter at a time along an arc.  I just hope you only need a few letters!

Arc Letters.jpg

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
jeff_strater

just FYI - text along curve (not just circular path) is currently being worked on in Fusion.

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 4.12.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 4.14.05 PM.png

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 7
jhackney1972
in reply to: jeff_strater

@jeff_strater that is cruel to show that function on your "prototype" installation and not give it to the public!  Especially to @Monodon who is going to have to do it the hard way.  Next update maybe?

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
jeff_strater
in reply to: jhackney1972

@jhackney1972  yes, yes, it is cruel, sorry about that...  Always hard to tell whether the benefit of giving hope outweighs the cost of it not being ready yet.  I'm not sure exactly what update this is coming in, TBH, but pretty sure it is not the next one.  That is from real code, though, no fakery involved.  😀  Have a great weekend!

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 6 of 7
wmhazzard

Until it shows up, there is a plugin for $5 available from the Fusion app store that does the text on an arc. I used it to make this tag.

Hartley_&_Petyt_tag_.png

Message 7 of 7
g-andresen

Hi,

as long as the function is not available in Fusion, use this way via Inkscape.

on path.gif

günther

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report