Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line dimensions

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
whittakerdw
739 Views, 13 Replies

line dimensions

When I draw out a horizontal line in a sketch and type a dimension, the line locks at whatever dimension I drug it out to instead of extending out to the dimension that I typed out. If you notice in the screencast it worked properly once but when I hit the green check mark the line disappeared. This is the first time I have noticed this and I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this or had a solution.

Labels (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
whittakerdw
in reply to: whittakerdw

I forgot to add the screencast

Message 3 of 14
JHRendon

Can you upload a video or screenshot when that happens? 

Message 4 of 14
whittakerdw
in reply to: JHRendon

I forgot to insert it the first time but it is attached now

Message 5 of 14
JHRendon

Pretty weird. Make sure your keyboard works correctly. I could see the dimension with "4 in"  was done correctly. 

you should only press "tab key" when you want to add the angle and finally, enter.  

Message 6 of 14
whittakerdw

Even when I enter the dimension and press enter it does the same thing.

Message 7 of 14
JHRendon

Idk what happens here. Can you try this in another CAD software or even writing a document or this only happens in fusion 360? 

Message 8 of 14
g-andresen

Hi,

This is currently a problem especially with W 7.
My recommendation:
First create the elements without dimensioning and then assign them with the dimensioning tool.

günther

Message 9 of 14
whittakerdw
in reply to: g-andresen

@g-andresenIs this something that is being worked on that you know of?

Message 10 of 14
whittakerdw

This is only happening in Fusion 360. I have been working in other CAD software but I went to make a 3D model of a 2D drawing and that is when I noticed this.

Message 11 of 14
g-andresen

Hi,

look here

günther

Message 12 of 14
JHRendon

Well, checking what @g-andresen  said, maybe it is better if you get another windows version. 🙁

Message 13 of 14
Phil.E

@whittakerdw That is not surprising. All applications have different requirements. 

Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft or Fusion 360. There is no plan at this point to restart support for Windows 7 in Fusion 360, meaning this will not get fixed. It would be best to start planning a transition to Windows 10.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 14
whittakerdw
in reply to: g-andresen

@g-andresenthat seemed to do the trick. Since this is a work computer, I do not have the authority to download a new version of windows but I will see if I can since Fusion is no longer supported on Windows 7. But in the meantime this seems to work. Thank you for that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report