Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Individual part drawing - show total number/quantity required

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Luke_AU
204 Views, 3 Replies

Individual part drawing - show total number/quantity required

I am learning to use the drawings workspace of Fusion 360 and  am trying to find a solution for showing each part on a separate sheet, including the quantity required.

Screenshot of a simple example attached - I want the drawing to show a single item as demonstrated, but want the quantity in the parts table to be the total in the model (24 in this case).

Can I have the total quantity in the parts table but only draw a single occurrence?

thanks

2023-11-06_14-09.png

*edit* I should note that it is possible to show one part only but have the total quantity in the parts table by having all occurences unsupressed but hidden (see second screenshot), but this means the part name and number in the drawing title now takes on the name and number of the parent component... In this example, I'm trying to have a sheet for the part "Shelf" with the name/part number in the title block and total quantity in the table. I would then duplicate this sheet for every part type.

2023-11-06_14-28.png

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mufuo
in reply to: Luke_AU

Probably the parts you marked on the right side of the 2nd screenshot can be edited. You can write whatever you want instead. If you share the sample file with EXPORT, I would like to examine it.

Mustafa Furkan Özel
Project - R&D Manager

LinkedIn

Message 3 of 4
ClintBrown3D
in reply to: Luke_AU

Hi @Luke_AU 

I'd love to talk to you about your workflow. If you're up for it, here is a link to my calendar, please book a 30-minute session with me, and we can chat on Zoom (Note that times are in 24:00 format so 03:00 is 3am, 15:00 is 3pm). Or if a good old-fashioned email is more your style, feel free to ping me Clint. Brown {a} Autodesk.com

Message 4 of 4
Luke_AU
in reply to: mufuo

Hi Mustafa

Thanks, I tested this manual titleblock and it does give the ability to achieve what I'm after - the part name & number then become "fixed" on that drawing, regardless of objects shown in the tree.

Only downside is the title block needs to be reset if duplicating that sheet or changing what is shown on it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report