Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model has disappeared completely

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Jaeger1787
321 Views, 6 Replies

Model has disappeared completely

I had created a design including three components from other drawings.  I had then created an .stl file for 3D printing.  I did not close down Fusion 360.  Twelve hours later whilst the 3D print is on-going, I returned to Fusion to find that the design had disappeared from the workspace.  The browser was on screen though, but not the model. 

Jaeger1787_0-1699178048779.png 

Jaeger1787_1-1699178108827.png

I checked all the 'visibility' switches and the display settings but made no difference.

I then found that the designs of the components were also not visible individually. 

Suggestions please.  File attached.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

@Jaeger1787 

Are you running a 3DConnexion device?

If yes, do you run Calibrate at the start of every work session?

TheCADWhisperer_1-1699181613576.png

TheCADWhisperer_0-1699181590325.png

What do you see if you turn on the visibility of the Origins?

Are all of your sketches fully defined?

TheCADWhisperer_0-1699181812045.png

TheCADWhisperer_0-1699182360382.pngTheCADWhisperer_1-1699182378367.png

TheCADWhisperer_0-1699183734781.png

TheCADWhisperer_1-1699183821810.png

Message 3 of 7

I have no idea what a 3DConnection device is, so the answer is probably not.
Message 4 of 7
laughingcreek
in reply to: Jaeger1787

this is possibly unrelated, but there is a bug where bodies will not be visible in the design space, but are present in the browser.  it happens to me rather frequently (I think b/c it's related to the timeline, and I manipulate the timeline a good bit).  I have been selecting the body in the browser, deleting it, and then immediately "undoing" (ctr z), and the body comes back.  might be happening at the component level also.  worth a try anyway.

Message 5 of 7
Jaeger1787
in reply to: laughingcreek

Many thanks for the suggestion of deleting the browser, then cancelling the deletion.  However I did not need to do that.  As I had to leave the computer for a couple of hours, I closed it down completely.  When I returned and opened up the machine, then Fusion, followed by the design, bingo, it re-appeared completely and manipulable.

Although this is not the first time the PC has gone to sleep with the design still on screen, it is the first time it has disappeared in such a way.  Perhaps the moral of the tale is to ensure that it has been saved, and then close the file before leaving.  Possibly also, save the file to the computer rather then just in the 'cloud'. 

The only effect noticeable is that the model is transparent.   Display settings are unchanged - shaded with visible edges.   All components are set to 'visible' as far as I can see.

Jaeger1787_0-1699203031203.png

instead of being obscured as below.

Jaeger1787_1-1699203182013.png

I have not found the trigger for this so far.

Message 6 of 7

@Jaeger1787 wrote:

The only effect noticeable is that the model is transparent. 

I have not found the trigger for this so far.

@Jaeger1787 

Go back and review the images in my previous response.

Change the Opacity at the top level of the assembly.

Message 7 of 7

Many thanks.  I could have sworn that I checked the opacity control....

Now, how do I do something similar with the transparent thumbnails on the Data Panel?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report