Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to dublicate my sketch onto every side of the pyramid

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
441 Views, 6 Replies

I want to dublicate my sketch onto every side of the pyramid

https://a360.co/2Jyjpqv

Here it is. One one face I already made a pattern. I want to replicate it onto every side. I already tried two things:

• Mirroring doesn't work and just gives me an error message.
  • Copy pasting the sketch places it right next to the faces, and it can't be moved.

How can I achieve this? Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
etfrench
in reply to: Anonymous

It would be better to pattern the features instead of the sketch.  A circular pattern will do the trick. If you insist on using sketches, put the sketch in a component, then pattern it.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: etfrench

Just tried that, I'm getting an error again

Message 4 of 7
etfrench
in reply to: Anonymous

Your sketch and subsequent extrusions are very messy and are preventing the pattern.  I'll post a workaround after dinner.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
etfrench

Start by reviewing Rule #1.

My first recommendation would be to start fresh and redo Sketch5.  I started to clean up Sketch5, but soon realized there were too many overlapping lines and my beard would be solid white before I finishedSmiley Happy

Since I was too lazy to fix the sketch, I used the current 3d body to recreate it.

You'll note when I created the bodies, I did it in three operations.  The reason for this, is Fusion 360 has trouble when multiple faces are connected along a common border.  The upper slot that goes nearly to the edge is also a problem. You should have either made the slot shorter or longer,so it didn't touch the edge.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
etfrench

File is attached.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report