Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot fillet a feature extruded from .svg due to radius interference

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
2johnny.graham2
298 Views, 5 Replies

I cannot fillet a feature extruded from .svg due to radius interference

I'm a total beginner and I may be looking at this whole thing wrong. That said, I'm trying to fillet the edge of a set of extrusions to a full radius top to try to give it an embossed kind of look for carving on a cnc router.

2johnnygraham2_1-1641842748036.png

2johnnygraham2_2-1641842792546.png

2johnnygraham2_3-1641842839859.png

But it seems that the radii generated by the fillet tool are interfering with each other instead of combining into the rounded over top I'm trying to make.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Please attach your model and the SVG file to a reply post.  You may have to zip the SVG file.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section of a forum post to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 6

Here is a copy of the model and .svg as it is currently. I greatly appreciate the help.

Message 4 of 6

fusion doesn't handle imported curves very well.  in this one nearly every junction between lines has a "near tangent" condition that eats fusion's lunch and prevents fillets.

laughingcreek_0-1641849380064.png

your best bet will be to redraw this using native fusion curves.  it won't be as involved as you might think b/c it's mostly a pattern of a few shapes.

Message 5 of 6

Is there not a tool to scan for and combine the near-tangents or a setting to follow the tangential average of the lines to clean it up without having to spend another meticulous 8 hours to redo it?

Message 6 of 6

@2johnny.graham2 wrote:

Is there not a tool to scan for and combine the near-tangents or a setting to follow the tangential average of the lines to clean it up...

No. fusion doesn't have tools like this.  it's asked for from time to time, and might be nice to have. but this is not really the type of tasks fusion was designed for, so I wouldn't expect AD to give it a priority any time soon.

... having to spend another meticulous 8 hours to redo it?

I count only 10 (give or take) unique shapes in the border.  the rest of the border is just patterns of these shapes.  wouldn't expect it to take 8 hours to do from scratch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report