Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move and merge faces

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
u.ucler
1890 Views, 8 Replies

How to move and merge faces

Hi,

After spending hours reading and watching tutorials, I've still not figured out how to do it.

It's an iPhone 6S model to be used to create an injection mold for cases. The model is so accurate, that the antenna part has been pushed 0,03 mm down. I don't want to have that detail in the mold, so can you please explain to me, how I move the blue face to be aligned with the grey face? There's a face connecting the two of them, I can delete them but there will be a gap and that's what I'm trying to avoid.

Best regards

Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 15.22.19.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
michallach81
in reply to: u.ucler

It depends how that gap was made, either you can offset that face by using Press/Pull command or by Move command (pick move face in Move command dialog window).

Michał Lach
Designer
co-author
projektowanieproduktow.wordpress.com

Message 3 of 9
u.ucler
in reply to: michallach81

I'm getting errors when I'm trying both methods.

I bought the model on Grabcad and used the step file

Message 4 of 9
PhilProcarioJr

@u.ucler

In the model workspace just select the faces you want moved and hit the delete key, the model should auto heal and give the results you want. This auto heal doesn't work in the patch workspace and requires the model to be a solid. 

Phil Procario Jr.
Owner, Laser & CNC Creations

Message 5 of 9
u.ucler
in reply to: PhilProcarioJr

@PhilProcarioJr It's not autohealing and if I try to use the move tool, it gives me an error "can't handle sheet"

Screencast will be displayed here after you click Post.

54981fb5-3d52-4491-a174-987679215ce6

Message 6 of 9
michallach81

Both ways mine and Phils should work. My guess is that you don't understand what we refer to. To help you we need that model.

Michał Lach
Designer
co-author

Message 7 of 9
u.ucler

You're right, it's definitely me who makes a mistake. You're more than welcome to have a look at the file, if you wouldn't mind 🙂

Here's a link for the file https://a360.co/2tmYZXn

Message 8 of 9
michallach81

File in attachments

Michał Lach
Designer
co-author

Message 9 of 9
u.ucler

In the meanwhile, I managed to fix it myself and I honestly, can't explain how I did it for other people having the same issues. But thank you very much for your help. Very kind of you to fix it up for me. Much appreciated!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report