Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to design an accordion claw design?

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Andrewluckey
757 Views, 12 Replies

How to design an accordion claw design?

Hello,

I am having diffculty cadding the design I want which is shown later here. Please help?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
jhackney1972
in reply to: Andrewluckey

No pictures or drawings?  Please re-post.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 13

@Andrewluckey 

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 4 of 13

Like this on grabcad?720X720-img-20200610-150426035.jpeg

Message 5 of 13

Yes, something similar to the design printed above.

I'm attaching my current work for reference (has a lot of bugs because of the timeline), here's the link to it: https://a360.co/3WhCoIS

Message 6 of 13
jhackney1972

Pretty nice design!  All you needed to do was add a whole bunch of Revolve Joints and then add a component to control the motion.  I used a fixed bar with a Pin-Slot Joint but you may want to do something different.  Model is attached.

Claw Movement.gif

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 7 of 13
Andrewluckey

Thank you! The only thing is that I'm trying to make it so that the front of the claw stays straight while everything else moves... I was hoping I could use a mix of rigid and revolve joints but not much is happening...

here's where I am now for reference: https://a360.co/3WhCoIS

Message 8 of 13
jhackney1972

You need to attach your model as the link you gave is not working at this time.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

By the way, do not use the "Quick Reply" icon to respond to a Forum post, it addresses your post to YOURSELF.  Use the "Reply" icon on the post you are responding to so it is addressed to the person you are writing to.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 9 of 13
Andrewluckey

Like this?

Message 10 of 13
jhackney1972

Yes, but you did not read the rest of my message, you are still addressing your Forum post to yourself.  Use the "Reply" icon not the "Quick Reply" icon.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 11 of 13
Andrewluckey
in reply to: jhackney1972

Ah sorry.

Message 12 of 13
jhackney1972

Your main problem is your Jaw, which may seem like multiple components, is only one!  How do you think it could possible move as you desire.  You copied it from somewhere, outside this assembly, so it has to be rebuilt.

Jaw.jpg

John Hackney
Retired

Message 13 of 13
jhackney1972

I did a very quick and dirty job of the modeling, of what I see, as needed to keep the jaws parallel.  Please note there are overlaps, and spaces in the jaw joints and I left a lot of pins out.  All I was trying to do was to present my concept design for you desired motion.  If this suits, I will leave it up to you to work out the final modeling.  By the way, your base slot and slider joint is not long enough to allow it to close completely.   Model is attached.

If this solves your issue, do not forget to Accept Solution.

Movement.gif

John Hackney
Retired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report